Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » 4.1M7 and e4 0.11M7 are now available
4.1M7 and e4 0.11M7 are now available [message #668009] Tue, 03 May 2011 11:30 Go to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend
Messages: 6859
Registered: July 2009
Location: Ottawa
Senior Member

From https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/eclipse-dev

The 4.1M7 SDK and e4 0.11M7 are now available.

4.1 SDK
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1M7-20110501020 0

e4
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.11M7-2011 05010200

p2 repository
I-Builds:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.1-I-builds
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/updates/0.11-I-builds
Direct link to M7

http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1M7-20110501020 0/repository

http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.11M7-2011 05010200/repository

New and Noteworthy
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.7M7- 201104280848/eclipse-news-M7.html


--
Paul Webster
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_Command_Framework
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Command_Core_Expressions
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_Expression_Framework
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Menu_Contributions
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Menus_Extension_Mapping
http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. platform.doc.isv/guide/workbench.htm


Re: 4.1M7 and e4 0.11M7 are now available [message #670211 is a reply to message #668009] Fri, 13 May 2011 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dilton McGowan II is currently offline Dilton McGowan IIFriend
Messages: 108
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Tue, 03 May 2011 07:30:42 -0400, Paul Webster wrote:

> From https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/eclipse-dev
>
> The 4.1M7 SDK and e4 0.11M7 are now available.
>
> 4.1 SDK
> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1M7-20110501020 0
>
> e4
> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.11M7-2011 05010200
>
> p2 repository
> I-Builds:
> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.1-I-builds
> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/updates/0.11-I-builds
> Direct link to M7
>
> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1M7-20110501020 0/repository
>
> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.11M7-2011 05010200/repository
>
> New and Noteworthy
> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.7M7- 201104280848/eclipse-news-M7.html

Thanks for the info. If we download 4.1 is that the new Eclipse or
do we need to download e4 and add it to 4.1?

Isn't e4 the new Eclipse? If so why would we download 4.1 and e4 and
then combine them or what good is 4.1 if e4 is the thing we want?
Re: 4.1M7 and e4 0.11M7 are now available [message #670220 is a reply to message #670211] Fri, 13 May 2011 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5462
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
4.1M7 holds the well known Eclipse SDK (JDT & PDE) running on our new
core platform name "Eclipse 4 Application Platform" (EAP).

The e4 download itself is not runnable but as part of e4 other stuff
beside a revamped SDK has been developed e.g.:
* XWT
* ModelTooling to ease writing applications who use the EAP.
* e4 bridge

You typically install those bits in the 4.1 SDK after having downloaded it.

The above mentioned features are also useable in 3.7 because they don't
require a EAP running, e.g. e4 bridge is written to use DI in a 3.x world.

Tom

Am 13.05.11 06:14, schrieb Dilton:
> On Tue, 03 May 2011 07:30:42 -0400, Paul Webster wrote:
>
>> From https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/eclipse-dev
>>
>> The 4.1M7 SDK and e4 0.11M7 are now available.
>>
>> 4.1 SDK
>> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1M7-20110501020 0
>>
>> e4
>> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.11M7-2011 05010200
>>
>> p2 repository
>> I-Builds:
>> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.1-I-builds
>> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/updates/0.11-I-builds
>> Direct link to M7
>>
>> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1M7-20110501020 0/repository
>>
>> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.11M7-2011 05010200/repository
>>
>> New and Noteworthy
>> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.7M7- 201104280848/eclipse-news-M7.html
>
> Thanks for the info. If we download 4.1 is that the new Eclipse or
> do we need to download e4 and add it to 4.1?
>
> Isn't e4 the new Eclipse? If so why would we download 4.1 and e4 and
> then combine them or what good is 4.1 if e4 is the thing we want?
Re: 4.1M7 and e4 0.11M7 are now available [message #670221 is a reply to message #670220] Fri, 13 May 2011 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dilton McGowan II is currently offline Dilton McGowan IIFriend
Messages: 108
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Fri, 13 May 2011 07:54:41 +0200, Tom Schindl wrote:

> 4.1M7 holds the well known Eclipse SDK (JDT & PDE) running on our new
> core platform name "Eclipse 4 Application Platform" (EAP).
>
> The e4 download itself is not runnable but as part of e4 other stuff
> beside a revamped SDK has been developed e.g.: * XWT
> * ModelTooling to ease writing applications who use the EAP. * e4 bridge
>
> You typically install those bits in the 4.1 SDK after having downloaded
> it.
>
> The above mentioned features are also useable in 3.7 because they don't
> require a EAP running, e.g. e4 bridge is written to use DI in a 3.x
> world.
>
> Tom
>
> Am 13.05.11 06:14, schrieb Dilton:
>> On Tue, 03 May 2011 07:30:42 -0400, Paul Webster wrote:
>>
>>> From https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/eclipse-dev
>>>
>>> The 4.1M7 SDK and e4 0.11M7 are now available.
>>>
>>> 4.1 SDK
>>> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1M7-20110501020 0
>>>
>>> e4
>>> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.11M7-2011 05010200
>>>
>>> p2 repository
>>> I-Builds:
>>> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.1-I-builds
>>> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/updates/0.11-I-builds
>>> Direct link to M7
>>>
>>> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1M7-20110501020 0/repository
>>>
>>> http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.11M7-2011 05010200/repository
>>>
>>> New and Noteworthy
>>> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.7M7- 201104280848/eclipse-news-M7.html
>>
>> Thanks for the info. If we download 4.1 is that the new Eclipse or do
>> we need to download e4 and add it to 4.1?
>>
>> Isn't e4 the new Eclipse? If so why would we download 4.1 and e4 and
>> then combine them or what good is 4.1 if e4 is the thing we want?

Thanks Tom but...huh? I was like going for...where is the new Eclipse?
Re: 4.1M7 and e4 0.11M7 are now available [message #670234 is a reply to message #670221] Fri, 13 May 2011 07:03 Go to previous message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5462
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
[...]
>>> Isn't e4 the new Eclipse? If so why would we download 4.1 and e4 and
>>> then combine them or what good is 4.1 if e4 is the thing we want?
>
> Thanks Tom but...huh? I was like going for...where is the new Eclipse?

http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1M7-20110501020 0


Tom
Previous Topic:Where is the API for accessing persisted state?
Next Topic:Executable logo after product export
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Nov 23 11:02:31 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05917 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software