Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Launching product overrides content of plugin_customization.ini
Launching product overrides content of plugin_customization.ini [message #666910] Sun, 24 April 2011 05:02 Go to next message
arkadyz  is currently offline arkadyz
Hello,

I defined plugin_customization.ini with some meaningful content. Added plugin_customization.ini into buid.properties and also added the following property into plugin.xml (of my "main" rcp plugin) under org.eclipse.core.runtime.products extension:

<property
name="preferenceCustomization"
value="plugin_customization.ini">
</property>

Everything works fine if I run my RCP as "Eclipse Application". But I am trying to lauch my product configuration, the content of my plugin_customization.ini is cleaned and the file contains only this line:

org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_PROGRESS_ON_STARTUP = false

(The same happens also if trying to export product, i.e. plugin_customization.ini of the result of export contains only org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_PROGRESS_ON_STARTUP = false)

How can I cause product configuration to use MY plugin_customization.ini (and not to override its content) ?

Thank you,
Arkady.
icon4.gif  Re: Launching product overrides content of plugin_customization.ini [message #666915 is a reply to message #666910] Sun, 24 April 2011 07:25 Go to previous message
arkadyz  is currently offline arkadyz
This is known bug since 2009, which has not been fixed yet:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=221797
Previous Topic:Product does not work on Mac OSX, although it runs on Windows/Linux
Next Topic:Can different instances of a view part have different content in toolbars?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 25 01:25:20 EDT 2014