Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » [AGR] Verification hooks in position based recording
[AGR] Verification hooks in position based recording [message #66761] Sun, 16 April 2006 14:48 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-Schwartz
Messages: 448
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello.

I am testing behaviour related to inserting text in a StyledText
component which contains multiple lines of text. The StyledText accepts
both plain text and a predefined block of text that the user has
selected. I need to test that predefined blocks of text are inserted in
the correct location and that the current position of the caret is as
expected (i.e. at the end of the block).

Furthermore, since these blocks of text are not editable internally, I
need to perform various tests related to 1) the caret jumping from one
end of the block to the other when the user attempts to enter the block
region and 2) a selection in the text spanning the whole of the block
when the user attempts to select only part of it.

I assume that, for this type of test, I need to use position based
recording.

However, when I try to insert a verification point in position based
recording mode to check, say, the caret offset, I invariably get an
error message in the Control Centre Dialog stating "The event type is
not of type SWT.FocusIn".

What am I doing wrong?

TIA
B.
Re: [AGR] Verification hooks in position based recording [message #66851 is a reply to message #66761] Mon, 17 April 2006 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real name
Messages: 404
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Why do you need position based recording enabled when inserting the
verification hook?
Can't you turn it off before inserting the hook?
You can file a bugzilla for this issue. This is likely caused because of
the order of events that is expected when a verification hook is inserted.
Position-based recording is likely affecting the ordering of the incoming
events.


"Barbara Rosi-Schwartz" <Barbara.Rosi-Schwartz@Etish.org> wrote in message
news:e1tlg3$8jo$2@utils.eclipse.org...
> Hello.
>
> I am testing behaviour related to inserting text in a StyledText
> component which contains multiple lines of text. The StyledText accepts
> both plain text and a predefined block of text that the user has
> selected. I need to test that predefined blocks of text are inserted in
> the correct location and that the current position of the caret is as
> expected (i.e. at the end of the block).
>
> Furthermore, since these blocks of text are not editable internally, I
> need to perform various tests related to 1) the caret jumping from one
> end of the block to the other when the user attempts to enter the block
> region and 2) a selection in the text spanning the whole of the block
> when the user attempts to select only part of it.
>
> I assume that, for this type of test, I need to use position based
> recording.
>
> However, when I try to insert a verification point in position based
> recording mode to check, say, the caret offset, I invariably get an
> error message in the Control Centre Dialog stating "The event type is
> not of type SWT.FocusIn".
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> TIA
> B.
Re: [AGR] Verification hooks in position based recording [message #66862 is a reply to message #66851] Mon, 17 April 2006 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-Schwartz
Messages: 448
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ali Mehregani wrote:
> Why do you need position based recording enabled when inserting the
> verification hook?
> Can't you turn it off before inserting the hook?

Yes, I figured that out while playing with things during the weekend.

I guess the most important thing I was looking for in this email was to
verify that I indeed need partial position based recording to perform
the kind of tests I need to perform; I think you implicitly answered
that I do.

> You can file a bugzilla for this issue. This is likely caused because of
> the order of events that is expected when a verification hook is inserted.
> Position-based recording is likely affecting the ordering of the incoming
> events.
>
>

I am not quite clear on this suggestion. If it should be possible to
insert verification hooks in position based recording, I will file the
bug. But if the trick you mention at the beginning of your email is
standard operating procedure, then I am satisfied. Please let me know.

Thank you very much, Ali, for your prompt and excellent help.
B.
Re: [AGR] Verification hooks in position based recording [message #66978 is a reply to message #66862] Tue, 18 April 2006 15:43 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real name
Messages: 404
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
No, that's not standard procedure (I wasn't aware of the problem until this
post). Please go ahead with filing the defect.

Thanks.

"Barbara Rosi-Schwartz" <Barbara.Rosi-Schwartz@Etish.org> wrote in message
news:e20pav$9pm$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Ali Mehregani wrote:
> > Why do you need position based recording enabled when inserting the
> > verification hook?
> > Can't you turn it off before inserting the hook?
>
> Yes, I figured that out while playing with things during the weekend.
>
> I guess the most important thing I was looking for in this email was to
> verify that I indeed need partial position based recording to perform
> the kind of tests I need to perform; I think you implicitly answered
> that I do.
>
> > You can file a bugzilla for this issue. This is likely caused because
of
> > the order of events that is expected when a verification hook is
inserted.
> > Position-based recording is likely affecting the ordering of the
incoming
> > events.
> >
> >
>
> I am not quite clear on this suggestion. If it should be possible to
> insert verification hooks in position based recording, I will file the
> bug. But if the trick you mention at the beginning of your email is
> standard operating procedure, then I am satisfied. Please let me know.
>
> Thank you very much, Ali, for your prompt and excellent help.
> B.
Previous Topic:AGR: How to locate one widget in EditorPart when setting verfiy point
Next Topic:Allocation point tracebacks available ?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Oct 24 20:34:51 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01998 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software