Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » [SOLVED] How to use HTML text inside MessageDialogs?
icon14.gif  [SOLVED] How to use HTML text inside MessageDialogs? [message #666549] Wed, 20 April 2011 17:06 Go to next message
Kivanc Muslu is currently offline Kivanc Muslu
Messages: 143
Registered: November 2010
Senior Member
Hi,

I want to use MessageDialog.open... methods to show information to the user. However, it seems that I cannot use html formatting with these dialogs (i.e. <b> This is bold message </b>).

Is this true (that I cannot use html formatting with MesasgeDialog)?
Is there any widget that would let me use html formatting (as in JLabel in java)?
Are there any other ways to format a message?

Thanks, best regards,

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2011 18:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to use HTML text inside MessageDialogs? [message #666582 is a reply to message #666549] Thu, 21 April 2011 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani Megert
Messages: 3801
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 20.04.2011 23:06, Kivanc Muslu wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use MessageDialog.open... methods to show information to the
> user. However, it seems that I cannot use html formatting with these
> dialogs (i.e. <b> This is bold message </b>).
>
> Is this true (that I cannot use html formatting with MesasgeDialog)?
Yes.
> Is there any widget that would let me use html formatting (as in
> JLabel in java)?
See org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser widget.

Dani
> Are there any other ways to format a message?
>
> Thanks, best regards,
Re: How to use HTML text inside MessageDialogs? [message #666586 is a reply to message #666582] Thu, 21 April 2011 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5008
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 21.04.11 09:17, schrieb Daniel Megert:
> On 20.04.2011 23:06, Kivanc Muslu wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I want to use MessageDialog.open... methods to show information to the
>> user. However, it seems that I cannot use html formatting with these
>> dialogs (i.e. <b> This is bold message </b>).
>>
>> Is this true (that I cannot use html formatting with MesasgeDialog)?
> Yes.
>> Is there any widget that would let me use html formatting (as in
>> JLabel in java)?
> See org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser widget.

or if you don't need fullblown HTML-Support there's a FormText-Widget
from ua which provides support for the most needed tags e.g p,li,a,b

Tom
Re: How to use HTML text inside MessageDialogs? [message #667613 is a reply to message #666586] Fri, 29 April 2011 18:26 Go to previous message
Kivanc Muslu is currently offline Kivanc Muslu
Messages: 143
Registered: November 2010
Senior Member
Thanks for the answers. These are all valid, however since it was easier I stick out with JOptionPane and JLabel (I know, it is probably evil to use Swing code in Eclipse but ...).
Previous Topic:Invoke Ant file with AntRunner
Next Topic:Input Redirection
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Apr 17 05:46:30 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01525 seconds