Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Bring shell to top of desktop programmatically
Bring shell to top of desktop programmatically [message #666156] Tue, 19 April 2011 11:19
Artur Kronenberg is currently offline Artur KronenbergFriend
Hi,

I am using my trayicon to hide and show my application. If the application is invisible and I click on it, my call to setVisible(true) will bring the application to the front (not only of other SWT apps but of everything that is on my desktop).
If I minimize the app and it is in the task bar and I call setVisible(true) it won't bring the shell up. Same problem, if another window is hiding my shell.

I would like to be able to bring the application to the front always, no matter if it is currently invisible, minimized or hidden behind different windows.

In the Shell#setVisible() code there are several events to GTK dispatched but the documentation tells me, that I am not supposed to reuse them if my shell is visible.

I don't want to set my shell inivisible and then call open every time I click on my tray Icon, because it will disappear and reappear if it already was at the top.

Is there another way to achieve this?

Kind regards,
Artur
Previous Topic:Legal question about SWT
Next Topic:Draw lines between two Trees in two ViewParts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:28:59 GMT 2024