Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JavaScript debugging in Helios
JavaScript debugging in Helios [message #665757] Fri, 15 April 2011 18:44
Jim Garrison is currently offline Jim GarrisonFriend
The Eclipse JSDT/Debug/FAQ gives explicit instructions on how to locate your .js source files so they can be used for debugging an external session. I followed the instructions under Pre 1.3.x External Source but an External JavaScript Source project does not appear when I uncheck the entry in the filter list. The .project file contains the correct JavaScript nature.

Further down there's a section titled Getting source lookup to work giving instructions on testing the Debugger connection to the external JS engine:

Quote:
To make sure the process worked, connect to the debugger, and try to set a breakpoint in Eclipse. If you see in the transport (prints to STDOUT assuming the debugger was initialized with "trace=y") a "setbreakpoint" request, that means the client was able to attach the local source to the one running in Rhino.

I launched the external debug session with -trace y but don't see any such messages. Since the debug session is at that point waiting for input, I'm not sure where trace messages would be displayed. There's no console window open within Eclipse.

Has anybody gotten JS debugging to work in Helios, and if so could you share the secret?
Previous Topic:unable to run JSF application
Next Topic:WSDL editor (WSDL 2.0 ?)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:34:09 GMT 2024