Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Let's solve once for all the Eclipse GMF copy-paste problem and then forget about it (Getting even (French version: "Pour en finir une bonne fois pour toute avec le probleme de gmf copy-paste"))
icon10.gif  Let's solve once for all the Eclipse GMF copy-paste problem and then forget about it [message #665205] Wed, 13 April 2011 16:25 Go to next message
emil salageanu is currently offline emil salageanuFriend
Hello,

I have seen a lot of posts on this forum related to the copy-paste problem, and no post with a complete solution, just clues.
First of all, to be clear: copy-paste is not implemented in GMF (although it might look as if it was) but everything is there for one to implement it.
I postponed the implementation of the copy-paste functionality of my editor for a long time as I thought it was very difficult to do. When I started this work, I had the first version (very simple, with only one type of object) working the very first day.
I used a document I found on http://www.moskitt.org and I also took a look at the copy-paste implementation in the bonita software (www.bonitasoft.com).
I am working myself for the WorkflowStudio provided by the open source project http://proactive.inria.fr

I wrote a post on my newly created WordPress blog containing a complete solution for the copy-paste functionality within a GMF-based editor.

to whom it may concern:

http://esalagea.wordpress.com/2011/04/13/lets-solve-once-for -all-the-gmf-copy-paste-problem-and-then-forget-about-it/

cheers,
emil

[Updated on: Tue, 19 April 2011 11:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Let's solve once for all the Eclipse GMF copy-paste problem and then forget about it [message #666128 is a reply to message #665205] Tue, 19 April 2011 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elhamlaoui Mahmoud is currently offline Elhamlaoui MahmoudFriend
Hi emil,

I havn't tested your solution yet, but thanks for your post i had and i still have the same problem and its time to make an end to all that.

thanks again Wink
Re: Let's solve once for all the Eclipse GMF copy-paste problem and then forget about it [message #666148 is a reply to message #666128] Tue, 19 April 2011 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emil salageanu is currently offline emil salageanuFriend
You'ŕe welcome,
I hope it helps Smile

emil.
Re: Let's solve once for all the Eclipse GMF copy-paste problem and then forget about it [message #671271 is a reply to message #665205] Tue, 17 May 2011 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giovanni De Sossi is currently offline Giovanni De SossiFriend

Hi Emil,

thank you very much for your really useful solution to this problem, I tested it and it works very well. I've made some minor changes to your code, in MyEditorCopyCommand I stored the (copy of) selected objects directly in the system Clipboard instead of static variable, so MyEditorPasteCommand can retrieve them calling Clipboard.getContents(), obtaining a more decoupled design. Moreover, in MyEditorClipboardSupportGlobalActionHandler I needed to override the 'canPaste' method to enable the corresponding menu item and keyboard shortcut, because the superclass implementation doesn't fit to my needs.

Now, it remains just one problem: the 'cut' command fires after every selection change and compounds the copy command, sometimes returning null even when the copy operation was legal: do you have some tip to solve this problem?

Thank you very much, regards

Giovanni
Re: Let's solve once for all the Eclipse GMF copy-paste problem and then forget about it [message #674326 is a reply to message #665205] Thu, 26 May 2011 14:08 Go to previous message
Carlos  is currently offline Carlos Friend
Hi Emil,

Didn't tried this yet, but thank you very much for your efforts and for sharing it with the community.

Carlos
Previous Topic:Strange problem when creating a top node
Next Topic:clean editor thinks it's dirty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:57:58 GMT 2024