Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sketch » Sketch and Palette relation + Sketch models use(How to...)
icon5.gif  Sketch and Palette relation + Sketch models use [message #665048] Wed, 13 April 2011 02:11 Go to next message
LD  is currently offline LD
Messages: 28
Registered: March 2011
Junior Member
Hi, this is an interesting project. I would like to know whether it is possible to include a free style node in the palette and then use it without having to draw it again.

And I'am wondering to know if Sketch editor generates the metamodel (basic + free style drawn elements), xmi model conforming to that metamodel (semantic model) and the model of graphic information (position...).

An under which version of Eclipse and GMF does it work, the latest one.

Thanks.
Re: Sketch and Palette relation + Sketch models use [message #665106 is a reply to message #665048] Wed, 13 April 2011 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ugo Sangiorgi is currently offline Ugo Sangiorgi
Messages: 59
Registered: January 2010
Member
Hello LD,


Le 13/04/11 08:11, LD a écrit :
> Hi, this is an interesting project. I would like to know whether it is
> possible to include a free style node in the palette and then use it
> without having to draw it again.
In theory this is possible by inserting you newly created element
somehow in the XXXPaletteFactory (in case of the Shapes application,
ShapesPalletteFactory).
Could you please open a bug with this request?
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Sketch

This way the community could also contribute. =)
>
> And I'am wondering to know if Sketch editor generates the metamodel
> (basic + free style drawn elements), xmi model conforming to that
> metamodel (semantic model) and the model of graphic information
> (position...).
>
Just take a look at the generated .shapes file, you will see an Unknown
element which has "name=whatever", is that what you are looking for?

> An under which version of Eclipse and GMF does it work, the latest one.
>
It works with the latest GMF
> Thanks.
Re: Sketch and Palette relation + Sketch models use [message #665262 is a reply to message #665106] Wed, 13 April 2011 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LD  is currently offline LD
Messages: 28
Registered: March 2011
Junior Member
Hi. I sent the request. So it works in Helios and Indigo eclipse's modeling versions? Cool!

In part the "name=whatever" is the answer. It corresponds to the label value, setted as a name attribute of the free hand node in the .shapes file.

I mean that model as the semantic. But the Unknown would be interesting to type it and regerate the ecore model corresponding to the tool, so it comes gradually a cannonical gmf editor. And then restrictions can added to the types. Does it work with EMF models as GMF?

Another question I have is if it possible to add atributes to the free hand nodes. And if the this free hand tool can be enhanced with a kind of bezier drawing tool. Or if it can be easily extended to load an image (svg, png, gif).


Thanks.
Re: Sketch and Palette relation + Sketch models use [message #666606 is a reply to message #665262] Thu, 21 April 2011 05:44 Go to previous message
Ugo Sangiorgi is currently offline Ugo Sangiorgi
Messages: 59
Registered: January 2010
Member
Hi LD,
its actually a nice feature to have bezier tool, check the SketchTool,
you can modify it.
Can you also create a request on this regard at bugzilla?

Le 14/04/11 00:27, LD a écrit :
> Hi. I sent the request. So it works in Helios and Indigo eclipse's
> modeling versions? Cool!
>
> In part the "name=whatever" is the answer. It corresponds to the label
> value, setted as a name attribute of the free hand node in the .shapes
> file.
>
> I mean that model as the semantic. But the Unknown would be
> interesting to type it and regerate the ecore model corresponding to
> the tool, so it comes gradually a cannonical gmf editor. And then
> restrictions can added to the types. Does it work with EMF models as GMF?
>
> Another question I have is if it possible to add atributes to the free
> hand nodes. And if the this free hand tool can be enhanced with a kind
> of bezier drawing tool. Or if it can be easily extended to load an
> image (svg, png, gif).
>
>
> Thanks.
Previous Topic:Some minimal documentation available?
Next Topic:GMF dependencies and project status
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jul 28 04:37:24 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.08505 seconds