Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » DTP 1.9 M7 New and Noteworthy Feature
DTP 1.9 M7 New and Noteworthy Feature [message #665036] Wed, 13 April 2011 02:06
Linda ChanFriend
A new feature being added in DTP 1.9 (part of the Indigo release) is to enable the Connectivity runtime framework to run on OSGi-less platform (Bugzilla 338997). The related implementation has been added to the M7 nightly build, since dtp-1.9.0M7-201104090500 .
The enhancement mainly provides an alternate runtime platform to the Equinox OSGi platform, which will continue to work as it has been in previous releases. The implementation should be transparent to existing adopters that continue to use the OSGi platform.
However, to ensure that it did not introduce any adverse side-effect, we (the DTP PMC) would like your help with testing the M7 build, and let us know of any issues and feedback.
More details of the new feature can be found on the DTP wiki page:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/DTP_1.9_M7_New_and_Noteworthy
Please use https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=338997 for any feedback.

Separately (but somewhat related), in my looking into enhancing the DTP enablement components to adopt the new feature, I found that the org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.msft.sqlserver plug-in has implementation that tries to locate JDBC driver jar files in a "org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.msft.sqlserver.driver" bundle. Any entries found are then used to automatically define the jarlist for its driver definition.
That driver bundle is clearly *not* part of the DTP release packages. So I wonder if anyone in the community knows the history of this implementation, and whether there is a need to maintain it. Unless I hear otherwise, I plan to just leave it as is, and will not enhance it to adopt the OSGi-less feature.

Regards,
Linda
DTP PMC member
Previous Topic:Can't create tables, or modify schema in DTP - derby dbms
Next Topic:Create jar file of project with derby DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:27:02 GMT 2024