Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP + Webstart(Works everywhere but from a browser)
RCP + Webstart [message #664999] Tue, 12 April 2011 18:13
KarlFriend
I have sucessfully packaged up my RCP application and deployed to a local test Apache installation. The application communicates with an application server (JBoss) via JNDI, EJB3, and JMS. I have been able to connect via webstart on my local machine by both the command line and through a browser (both the web server and the application server are installed there). However, when I go to another workstation, I can get the app to run from the command line (e.g. javaws -verbose http://host-name/start.jnlp) with no additional properties set. It does seem to fire up a second JVM that houses the app (I have the Java console enabled and it shows up twice). However, when I run though the browser, the second JVM that starts almost immediately terminates. I can't find any diagnostic information (logs, etc.) and I can't enable debugging through the JNLP file from what I have read. Any help would be appreciated. I have trolled the forums but not found anything yet.

Thanks
Previous Topic:How to Hide Eclipse editor while doing back ground processing
Next Topic:Self-updating an RCP application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Mar 30 00:48:25 GMT 2024