Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » NPE when trying to parse existing WizardPages
NPE when trying to parse existing WizardPages [message #664765] Mon, 11 April 2011 22:06 Go to next message
David Carver is currently offline David CarverFriend
Messages: 174
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I'm trying to use Windows Builder to parse some existing hand written Wizard Pages. About 90% of the time I get a NPE when trying to parse the code for the Design page. The other 10% of the time, the page parses, but I get no controls displayed.

Example code can be found at:

http://www.ebayopensource.org/svn/turmeric/soa-platform/trun k/tools/eclipse/plugins/

If you open any of the Wizard pages in the following plugin

org.ebayopensource.turmeric.eclipse.ui

Packages:
org.ebayopensource.turmeric.eclipse.ui
org.ebayopensource.turmeric.eclipse.ui.wizards.pages


I know how to address the anonymous inner class errors, but even then items are not being displayed as I would expect in the designer.

Dave
Re: NPE when trying to parse existing WizardPages [message #665021 is a reply to message #664765] Tue, 12 April 2011 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
Messages: 555
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
You run code in which expects to see some plugins started.
WindowBuilder does not start OSGi with all plugins - it just create ClassLoader using classpath and runs classes in it. So, for example to open ComplexTypeSCWizardGeneralPage I need to add isDesignTime() check into SOABasePage
		if (!Beans.isDesignTime()) {
		  UIUtil.getHelpSystem().setHelp(container, getHelpContextID());
		}


Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: NPE when trying to parse existing WizardPages [message #665243 is a reply to message #665021] Wed, 13 April 2011 20:31 Go to previous message
David Carver is currently offline David CarverFriend
Messages: 174
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Okay, that gets me part of the way there. I'll have to go through and check some of the other code to see where I need to do additional design time checks.
Previous Topic:GWT Palette contribution from plugin.xml
Next Topic:Beansbinding assertion error
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 21 19:31:34 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01785 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software