Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit » cloning an empty repository
cloning an empty repository [message #664737] Mon, 11 April 2011 14:45 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real name
Hi,
I have cloned an empty (gitolite) repository via egit and imported into eclipse (i had to add an empty file to the repository first because otherwise I would get a nullpointerexception when trying to checkout with egit. this seems to be a known limitiation of egit) . I can see the project in the project explorer, but there are no entries in the "Team" menu apart from "apply patch" and "share project(s)". How can I for example push the changes I have made in Eclipse back to my remote repository?

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2011 14:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: cloning an empty repository [message #665512 is a reply to message #664737] Thu, 14 April 2011 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias Sohn
This should work. Could you try if this changes when you do "Share > Git" ?
Re: cloning an empty repository [message #665632 is a reply to message #664737] Fri, 15 April 2011 06:18 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real name
In the mean time I updated Eclipse to 3.6 and it works now. I think the problem was that you need to import the repository as a "General Project", while I - following some tutorial I found on the Internets - always tried to import and use the "New Projects Wizard".
Thank you for your help.
Previous Topic:Synchonize window improvement requests
Next Topic:potentially risk during branch switch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 30 05:27:06 EDT 2014