Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » pkg-config with depends projects
pkg-config with depends projects [message #664715] Mon, 11 April 2011 16:53 Go to next message
Sylvain Bonnemaison is currently offline Sylvain BonnemaisonFriend
In the same workspace, I would like to deploy libraries in my home directory and make them available for my applications. How to change pkg-config search path dynamically in my autoconf and automake files?
PKG_MODULES_CHECK macro don't take care of PKG_CONFIG_PATH defined in system environment.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2011 16:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: pkg-config with depends projects [message #667288 is a reply to message #664715] Wed, 27 April 2011 21:25 Go to previous message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
Not sure why you are seeing the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable ignored as I have gotten this to work on my system from the command line just fine using the PKG_CHECK_MODULES macro.

If you want to, you can specify the setting of PKG_CONFIG_PATH with the configure command in the Project->Properties->Autotools->Configure Settings in the command text widget of an autotools project

e.g. PKG_CONFIG_PATH=your_path configure

This is per project. You can also set an environment variable via Project->Properties->C/C++->Build->Environment.

If you want to have one setting for all projects in the workspace, then a better way would be to go to Windows->Preferences->C/C++->Build->Environment and set the environment variable once (will include Autotools projects).

Previous Topic:[SOLVED] Problem during LTTng eclipse plugin installation
Next Topic:Using encrypted partition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:11:41 GMT 2024