I'm writing to post some questions about how to do particular customizations of GMF editors with special nodes "behavior" or interaction.
Situation A Making multiple models of the same type (using the same editor).
Case 1: Node ("Subdiagram Object") represents another diagram. (See figure)
- Question 1.1. How can I include such Node ("Subdiagram Object")?
- Question 1.2. How do I make this node to open the diagram, should it be set of templates (EditPolicie, Edithelpers, Navigation, Commands)?
Case 2: Node ("Link Object") is shared between diagrams(See figure)
- Question 2.1. How can I include such Node ("Subdiagram Object")? By using [url=http://wiki.eclipse.org/GMF_Tutorial_Part_2#Shortcuts]"GMF Shourtcuts"[/url] in Eclipse 3.6 SR2, this works the first time. Then if any of the diagrams is closed o modified the shortcut dissapears. Any ideas?
Situation B Making multiple models of different types with nodes in common(using 2 editors).
In the previous case I was talking about diagrams modeled in the same editor. Now I change the situation, to diagrams modeled one in editor 1 and the other in editor 2. Both diagrams share an object element that could be either the observed in case 1 or the one in case 2.
- Question 3.1. Is possible to achieve this? And what will be required different from Situation A, perhaps the fact of having two editors and in both of them the node in common.
- Question 3.2. Could it be possible not to have the node in common in both editors, or is mandatory?
Thanks in advance.