Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » Teams on eclipse.org using buckminster(New Eclipse project needs Buckminster help)
icon5.gif  Teams on eclipse.org using buckminster [message #663913] Wed, 06 April 2011 19:27 Go to next message
Mark Russell is currently offline Mark RussellFriend
I'm the build person on the WindowBuilder project. I'm looking for a mentor or two that can help get my builds up on the Eclipse Hudson server. At Instantiations we had a custom written build system and I would like to transition over to Buckminster to do the builds of WindowBuilder.

Any help would be great Shocked
Re: Teams on eclipse.org using buckminster [message #663939 is a reply to message #663913] Wed, 06 April 2011 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik LindbergFriend
I think you will find that people in this forum are very helpful and
that they share their knowledge about how they have done their setups.

Naturally, Thomas and I will also help answer questions.

I don't know how much Buckminster exposure you already have had, but the
documentation is always a good place to start. Besides that, just fire
away with questions...

Regards
- henrik

On 4/6/11 9:27 PM, Mark Russell wrote:
> I'm the build person on the WindowBuilder project. I'm looking for a
> mentor or two that can help get my builds up on the Eclipse Hudson
> server. At Instantiations we had a custom written build system and I
> would like to transition over to Buckminster to do the builds of
> WindowBuilder.
>
> Any help would be great 8o
Re: Teams on eclipse.org using buckminster [message #663942 is a reply to message #663939] Wed, 06 April 2011 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your response. I've actually been doing some explorations of Buckminster. I'll post some questions soon.
Re: Teams on eclipse.org using buckminster [message #664209 is a reply to message #663942] Thu, 07 April 2011 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Terran Gilman is currently offline Terran GilmanFriend
You can see the cquery and features used to do automated builds for the Voice Tools Project on the Eclipse run Hudson server here:

https://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/technology/org.eclipse.vtp

The releng specific stuff is in the Releng component trunk. I found it very easy to get up and running with it. I suggest reading the entire bucky book. It is well written and informative.

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/tools/bu ckminster/doc/BuckyBook.pdf

If you are going to be using Hudson, I can jot down the build steps and settings we use for the VTP. One question I have is whether this project will be a RCP based product or an add in to a full blown eclipse. It can be important because getting your target platform gathered and built can be a hassle at times.

I'll watch this topic as well and help where ever I can.
Re: Teams on eclipse.org using buckminster [message #664218 is a reply to message #664209] Thu, 07 April 2011 21:27 Go to previous message
Thank you for the information I will take a look at it.

Windowbuilder is an addon to Eclipse and not an RCP.

I have read the bucky book and have experimented with Buckminster so I'm ready to get things going.

Again thanks for the information
Previous Topic:Dependencies of optional dependencies
Next Topic:Installing third party features
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 14:14:07 GMT 2016