Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » Create element out of clipping window(Create elemet out of clipping window with SWTGefEditor)
Create element out of clipping window [message #663221] Mon, 04 April 2011 11:44
Arthur Daussy is currently offline Arthur Daussy
Hi,
First I would like to thanks anybody who can help me on this topic. I'm a new user of SWTBot and I'm working specially on the GEF part on SWTBot. I have been through some topics on this forum but none of them seem to answer my question. After discovering some of the great features of SWTBot I have encountered a problem. I want to create a helper which creates an element from a palette tool at a specific location. In order to do it I used the following code. The following method has been implemented in a class which extends SWTBotGefEditor.

/**
	 * @Create a node in the current diagram
	 * @param name of the element (if needed can be null if the element has no name)
	 * @param position Position where the node has to be created (FIXME for now only location inside the current diagram work. Outside the diagram error it do not expand automaticallyà)
    	 * @param tool Name of the tool used to create the diagram (e.g in activity diagram  "Activity Partition" @see {@link ActivityDiagramConstants}
	 * @param dim Dimension of the drag (can be null if it's a simple click)     
	 * @return return {@link SWTBotGefEditor} of the newly element or null if it has failed
	 */
private SWTBotGefEditPart createNodeElement(String name, Point position, String tool, Dimension dim, NameEditMode mode) {

this.activateTool(tool);
		if(dim != null && (dim.height != 0 || dim.width != 0)) {
			this.drag(position.x, position.y, position.x + dim.width, position.y + dim.height);
		} else {
			this.click(position.x, position.y+ MOVE);		
		}
		bot.waitUntil(new WaitForEditsPartAfterCreation(this),3000);
		List<SWTBotGefEditPart> selectedEditPart = this.getSWTBotGefViewer().selectedEditParts();
		SWTBotGefEditPart swtBotGefEditPart = null;
		if(!selectedEditPart.isEmpty()) {
			swtBotGefEditPart = selectedEditPart.get(0);
		}
		if(name != null) {
			switch(mode) {
			case BY_DIRECT_EDIT:
				swtBotGefEditPart.activateDirectEdit();
				this.directEditType(name);
				break;
			case BY_PROPERTIES:
			case DEFAULT:
			default:
				SWTBotPapyrusHelper.changeCurrentElementName(name,swtBotGefEditPart);
				break;
			}
		}
		return swtBotGefEditPart;
	}

This method works perfectly fine when I intend to create an element which is contained in the clipping window of the diagram view (see figure ). However when I try to create an element out of the clipping window SWTBot clicks out of the view and nothing is done.
For example :
Position of the new element X = 700 , Y 100
Size of the clipping windows Width = 600 , Height = 400,
Size of the diagram Width = 900 , Height = 600.

http://hpics.li/dd5b1af

First I have thought to use the scrollbar to move the diagram before clicking however using this method seems to be really complicated to compute new coordinates in a new clipping window. If anyone has any suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

Thanks for your time
Previous Topic:Problem clicking context menu item
Next Topic:Handling Native Dialogs with Sikuli
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 25 14:38:05 GMT 2014