Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Fold view(How to programmatically downsize a view to size X?)
icon5.gif  Fold view [message #663213] Mon, 04 April 2011 11:06
Peter H. is currently offline Peter H.
Hi,

I am searching for a possibility to fold a view in RCP. I want to place a fold/unfold - button alongside with the minimize, close buttons to resize a view. My use-case is the following:

I do have an application with multiple views. In one of those views the full content is only interesting in certain cases, so I want to be able to collapse/fold this view to a small version which shows the content in a minimized form. Imagine you have a list of colored indicators with names, values et cetera and in everyday-use you just want to see those indicators without names, values. The main idea is to have more space for the other views.

Is it possible to a) resize the view programmatically with a button and b) to place a button to do this alongside with minimize, close buttons? Any help is appreciated.

kind regards,

Peter

PS: I tried to look into the ISizeProvider but that did not help, as I either did not understand it correctly or it is not suited for my problem.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2011 11:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:JUnit test case for a method which has a Job
Next Topic:Eclipse and Java FX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 23 22:42:02 GMT 2014