Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » [EGF] Problems with egfbuild example
icon5.gif  [EGF] Problems with egfbuild example [message #662401] Wed, 30 March 2011 14:45 Go to next message
Pierre Gaufillet is currently offline Pierre GaufilletFriend
Hi EGF guys Smile !

I am currently experimenting EGF through its egfbuild example, and I have a few remarks and questions:

- Is there a description of the egfbuild concepts somewhere? It is difficult to go further without references. A user manual / README / HowTo would be nice.

- The generation path is set to " platform:/resource/org.eclipse.egf.portfolio.eclipse.build.e xamples/generated " in generation.fcore, but it generates in the "resource" project instead of "org.eclipse.egf.portfolio.eclipse.build.examples". If I remove "/resource", it fails silently.

- I put my egfbuild and fcore file in a simple project, and it created automatically a MANIFEST and plugin.xml. Why are they required?

Pierre

[Updated on: Wed, 30 March 2011 14:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EGF] Problems with egfbuild example [message #664159 is a reply to message #662401] Thu, 07 April 2011 16:33 Go to previous message
Benoit Langlois is currently offline Benoit LangloisFriend
Hi Pierre,

1. About the build concepts. I'm going to create a Wiki page for the EGF portfolios, and a page dedicated to the "Build Portfolio".

2. For the second point, there is a space character in "e xamples/generated". Maybe that's the reason why. Else, what version of EGF do you use?

3. Last point. An fcore must be executed in a plugin. When it is not, EGF transforms the simple project into a plugin.

Benoît
Previous Topic:How to specify database generated ID value in Ecore Editor?
Next Topic:EMF Show model attributes as rows in a table/tree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:55:31 GMT 2024