Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » VIATRA » basic question on transformation of UML to colored petri net
basic question on transformation of UML to colored petri net [message #660869] Tue, 22 March 2011 07:47 Go to next message
John  is currently offline John Friend
Hello. I am new to modeling and just checking out eclipse/Viatra2. I see that a tutorial shows how to convert a simple UML diagram to a petri net. I need to construct a large number of UML diagrams and then automatically convert them to colored petri nets. Can anyone tell me if this would be difficult in Viatra2? Is it simply a matter of expanding the tutorial a bit, or is it far more difficult than that. If Viatra2 would not work well for this, can anyone suggest a different tool?
Thanks,
John
Re: basic question on transformation of UML to colored petri net [message #660877 is a reply to message #660869] Tue, 22 March 2011 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi,

its a bit hard to answer your question with so few information. Basically, if you want to translate Activity Diagrams into Colored Petri nets, the required metamodel and transformation extensions shouldn't be too hard. However, if you want to transformate State Charts to Colored Petri nets, most if not all things have to be rewritten.

The mentioned transformation should be possible in VIATRA2, and the transformation should not be too complex.

If you have any further question, feel free to ask it and we will try to answer it.

Zoltán Ujhelyi
Re: basic question on transformation of UML to colored petri net [message #1256551 is a reply to message #660877] Tue, 25 February 2014 14:59 Go to previous message
Ayman Yassin Mohamed is currently offline Ayman Yassin MohamedFriend
Hi,

what if we want to do the opposite from CPN to Activity Diagram?how to generate the metamodels with using ATL
Previous Topic:Looping Structure
Next Topic:transforming 10 million elements?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:37:47 GMT 2024