Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Plain "build" command fails on Hudson/Jenkins with buckminster-headless 3.6.2 release
Plain "build" command fails on Hudson/Jenkins with buckminster-headless 3.6.2 release [message #660297] Thu, 17 March 2011 17:29 Go to next message
Frank Hoellering is currently offline Frank HoelleringFriend
After upgrading buckminster-headless on my Hudson/Jenkins server with bucky from the Helios SR2 release I ran into the problem that actually no workspace build was executed. But as the workspace was not created from scratch (instead I used svn revert;svn update) the build job executed without any failure.

To make a long story short: Looks like the changes from https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=319488 have some side effects. I needed to change my build command from
build -c

to
build -Dbuckminster.builders.include=eclipse.*  -c

With that change my eclipse product build worked again.

Hope that helps,
Frank
Re: Plain "build" command fails on Hudson/Jenkins with buckminster-headless 3.6.2 release [message #660322 is a reply to message #660297] Thu, 17 March 2011 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
On 2011-03-17 18:29, Frank Hoellering wrote:
> After upgrading buckminster-headless on my Hudson/Jenkins server with bucky from the Helios SR2 release I ran into the
> problem that actually no workspace build was executed. But as the workspace was not created from scratch (instead I used
> svn revert;svn update) the build job executed without any failure.
>
> To make a long story short: Looks like the changes from https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=319488 have some
> side effects. I needed to change my build command from
> build -c
> to
> build -Dbuckminster.builders.include=eclipse.* -c
>
That's odd. AFAICS, that patch is a no-op unless you have one of the related properties set and my eclipse.* builders
are executing normally. A lot of people would be unhappy if the eclipse.* builders stopped working. Are you sure this is
the cause?

- thomas
Re: Plain "build" command fails on Hudson/Jenkins with buckminster-headless 3.6.2 release [message #660415 is a reply to message #660322] Fri, 18 March 2011 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas, you're right. From looking at the code it's unlikely that it has something to do with mentioned new feature. And my "fix" is not working. Somehow I was testing against the old buckminster version.

So my problem persists that with the current release a simple "build -c" is not executed while the same configuration runs fine with the previous version.

Any ideas/hints what is wrong or has changed?

-Frank
Re: Plain "build" command fails on Hudson/Jenkins with buckminster-headless 3.6.2 release [message #660702 is a reply to message #660415] Mon, 21 March 2011 09:42 Go to previous message
Ok, seems I've found the flaw in my rmap to resolve the workspace. For any reason the provider for the workspace had the property
source=false

Changed to true and now build works as expected with the current release.

Regards,
Frank
Previous Topic:More on best practice for using Buckminster for IDE Target Platform
Next Topic:include jre in product
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:03:41 GMT 2024