Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » configure eclipse not to build referenced projects(Is there an option to disable building of referenced projects in eclipse?)
configure eclipse not to build referenced projects [message #660189] Thu, 17 March 2011 09:50 Go to next message
Wouter  is currently offline Wouter Friend
Hi,

I'm using CDT with multiple projects in my workspace:
- each executable has a project
- each (reusable) library has a project

All these projects can be built independently with a Makefile.

When one project includes header files from another project, in indicate this in the 'referenced projects dialog'. This allows me to navigate to the symbols in the included headerfile.

What I don't like, is that when I build one project, the referenced projects are also built. We ensure in our Makefiles that all dependencies are built if needed. If eclipse starts building a referenced project also, things are build too frequently.
Is there an option to disable building of referenced projects in eclipse?

Thanks!
Re: configure eclipse not to build referenced projects [message #660378 is a reply to message #660189] Fri, 18 March 2011 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Quote:
Is there an option to disable building of referenced projects in eclipse?

The only purpose of referenced projects is to get them build when the main project is build.
To get the included header files from another project you should open Project Properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols
In the tab "Includes" click Add and then click Workspace. Select the project which header files you want to include (you can use subdirectories as well). In addition, I would suggest to enable "Add to all configurations" (build configurations) and "Add to all languages" (assembler, C, C++).

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: configure eclipse not to build referenced projects [message #1021005 is a reply to message #660189] Tue, 19 March 2013 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krzysztof Wesołowski is currently offline Krzysztof WesołowskiFriend
Referenced project are also extremely useful to automatically add exported include paths to project that references them.

Even when there is nothing to build "building" takes more one 1 sec for each referenced project.
Re: configure eclipse not to build referenced projects [message #1021525 is a reply to message #1021005] Wed, 20 March 2013 09:18 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Option to prevent building of referenced projects https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=256233

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google

[Updated on: Wed, 20 March 2013 09:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:unresolved inclusions
Next Topic:CDT inconsistant behaviour in Juno
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:37:38 GMT 2024