Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Exception on startup after siwtching to M6
Exception on startup after siwtching to M6 [message #659682] Tue, 15 March 2011 04:59 Go to next message
Thomas Kratz is currently offline Thomas Kratz
Messages: 161
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi my 3.x based app used to run quite fine on M5 but as I switched to M6 today I get some Exceptions on startup that I do not understand. Can you give me a pointer what's wrong there ?
!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 2 0 2011-03-15 09:55:14.076
!MESSAGE Could not run processor
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:86)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelAssembler.runProcessor(ModelAssembler.java:222)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelAssembler.processModel(ModelAssembler.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ResourceHandler.loadMostRecentModel(ResourceHandler.java:246)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.loadApplicationModel(E4Application.java:337)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:205)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$3.run(Workbench.java:531)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:524)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at de.eiswind.paris.client.core.Application.start(Application.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.BindingToModelProcessor.gatherTables(BindingToModelProcessor.java:77)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.BindingToModelProcessor.process(BindingToModelProcessor.java:53)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
	... 26 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2011-03-15 09:55:14.538
!MESSAGE Unable to create class 'org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.util.BindingProcessingAddon' from bundle '61'
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:828)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:108)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:310)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:237)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:153)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:64)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:53)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:231)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$3.run(Workbench.java:531)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:524)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at de.eiswind.paris.client.core.Application.start(Application.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.util.BindingProcessingAddon.defineBindingTable(BindingProcessingAddon.java:194)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.util.BindingProcessingAddon.defineBindingTables(BindingProcessingAddon.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.util.BindingProcessingAddon.init(BindingProcessingAddon.java:86)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
	... 27 more

Re: Exception on startup after siwtching to M6 [message #659688 is a reply to message #659682] Tue, 15 March 2011 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5262
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
We modified the working of the binding system in the model. Did you
clear the persisted stated before launching and adopted your model
application model to those changes?

Tom

Am 15.03.11 10:00, schrieb Thomas Kratz:
> Hi my 3.x based app used to run quite fine on M5 but as I switched to M6
> today I get some Exceptions on startup that I do not understand. Can you
> give me a pointer what's wrong there ?
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 2 0 2011-03-15 09:55:14.076
> !MESSAGE Could not run processor
> !STACK 0
> org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(Meth odRequestor.java:63)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClas s(InjectorImpl.java:226)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(Injector Impl.java:196)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke( ContextInjectionFactory.java:86)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelAssembler.runProce ssor(ModelAssembler.java:222)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelAssembler.processM odel(ModelAssembler.java:87)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ResourceHandler.loadMos tRecentModel(ResourceHandler.java:246)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.loadA pplicationModel(E4Application.java:337)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.creat eE4Workbench(E4Application.java:205)
>
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$3.run(Workbench.java:531)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:524)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
> at de.eiswind.paris.client.core.Application.start(Application.j ava:45)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:196)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:344)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 622)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.BindingToModelProcessor.gatherTables (BindingToModelProcessor.java:77)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.BindingToModelProcessor.process(Bind ingToModelProcessor.java:53)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(Meth odRequestor.java:56)
>
> ... 26 more
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2011-03-15 09:55:14.538
> !MESSAGE Unable to create class
> 'org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.util.BindingProcessingAddon ' from
> bundle '61'
> !STACK 0
> org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(Meth odRequestor.java:63)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotate d(InjectorImpl.java:828)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(Injector Impl.java:108)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(In jectorImpl.java:310)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorIm pl.java:237)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(Co ntextInjectionFactory.java:153)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionF actory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:9 0)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionF actory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:64)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionF actory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:53)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.creat eE4Workbench(E4Application.java:231)
>
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$3.run(Workbench.java:531)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:524)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
> at de.eiswind.paris.client.core.Application.start(Application.j ava:45)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:196)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:344)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 622)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.util.BindingProcessingAddon. defineBindingTable(BindingProcessingAddon.java:194)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.util.BindingProcessingAddon. defineBindingTables(BindingProcessingAddon.java:185)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.util.BindingProcessingAddon. init(BindingProcessingAddon.java:86)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(Meth odRequestor.java:56)
>
> ... 27 more
>
>
Re: Exception on startup after siwtching to M6 [message #659692 is a reply to message #659688] Tue, 15 March 2011 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Kratz is currently offline Thomas Kratz
Messages: 161
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I cleared the workspace, is the model persisted somewhere else ?
Re: Exception on startup after siwtching to M6 [message #659703 is a reply to message #659692] Tue, 15 March 2011 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5262
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
My really wild guess is that you Application.e4xmi is not correct
anymore because we changed from String-Refs to real Java References.

The NPE happens most like in the call to
bindingTable.getBindingContext(). Can you set a break point to inspect
the calls there?

This could be the binding addon which fails because of the model changes:
org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.util.BindingProcessingAddon. defineBindingTable(BindingProcessingAddon.java:194)

This could be the model tooling if you have it in your runtime definition:
org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelAssembler.runProce ssor(ModelAssembler.java:222)

Tom

Am 15.03.11 10:27, schrieb Thomas Kratz:
> I cleared the workspace, is the model persisted somewhere else ?
Re: Exception on startup after siwtching to M6 [message #659713 is a reply to message #659703] Tue, 15 March 2011 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Kratz is currently offline Thomas Kratz
Messages: 161
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Tom,

I changed my e4xmi, replaces it with the one from the platform plugin. Now the exception is gone, but I get another one:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.event 4 0 2011-03-15 11:22:13.312
!MESSAGE Ausnahme bei der Übergabe von Ereignis org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=org/eclipse/e4/ui/model/ui/UIElement/widget/SET] an den Handler org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler@3cd6ad74
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument cannot be null
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4258)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4192)
	at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4163)
	at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DND.error(DND.java:281)
	at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DND.error(DND.java:227)
	at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DropTarget.addDropListener(DropTarget.java:210)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.installAreaDropSupport(WorkbenchPage.java:2389)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$5(WorkbenchPage.java:2383)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$3.handleEvent(WorkbenchPage.java:560)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:179)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4668)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:172)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:81)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:58)
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.UIElementImpl.setWidget(UIElementImpl.java:248)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.bindWidget(SWTPartRenderer.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:743)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:520)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ElementReferenceRenderer.createWidget(ElementReferenceRenderer.java:69)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:741)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:520)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.processContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:532)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.processContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:532)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.processContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.PerspectiveRenderer.processContents(PerspectiveRenderer.java:59)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:532)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.PerspectiveStackRenderer.showTab(PerspectiveStackRenderer.java:103)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.LazyStackRenderer$1.handleEvent(LazyStackRenderer.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:179)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4668)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:172)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:81)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:58)
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.advanced.impl.PerspectiveStackImpl.setSelectedElement(PerspectiveStackImpl.java:135)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.advanced.impl.PerspectiveStackImpl.setSelectedElement(PerspectiveStackImpl.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.setPerspective(WorkbenchPage.java:3116)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setup(WorkbenchWindow.java:526)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:828)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:108)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:78)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.inject(ContextInjectionFactory.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:1177)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.getActiveWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:1151)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.updateActiveShell(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:932)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.getCurrentState(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:133)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider$6.handleEvent(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:692)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.filterEvent(Display.java:1262)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1052)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1077)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1058)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.WM_ACTIVATE(Decorations.java:1647)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.WM_ACTIVATE(Shell.java:2134)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4508)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:341)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1610)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2058)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4957)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.BringWindowToTop(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.bringToTop(Decorations.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.open(Shell.java:1214)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.WBWRenderer.postProcess(WBWRenderer.java:591)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:536)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:809)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:768)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$3.run(Workbench.java:542)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:524)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at de.eiswind.paris.client.core.Application.start(Application.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

Re: Exception on startup after siwtching to M6 [message #659718 is a reply to message #659713] Tue, 15 March 2011 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas Schindl
Messages: 5262
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hm,

We made a modification in the UIEventHandler in M6 (we introduce a
Display abstraction to stay widget toolkit neutral) but I doubt this is
the problem here. People (Remy, Paul) who know more about the compat
layer might understand what's going on here.

Tom

Am 15.03.11 11:25, schrieb Thomas Kratz:
> Hi Tom,
>
> I changed my e4xmi, replaces it with the one from the platform plugin.
> Now the exception is gone, but I get another one:
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.event 4 0 2011-03-15 11:22:13.312
> !MESSAGE Ausnahme bei der Übergabe von Ereignis
> org.osgi.service.event.Event
> [topic=org/eclipse/e4/ui/model/ui/UIElement/widget/SET] an den Handler
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler@3cd6ad74
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument cannot be null
> at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4258)
> at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4192)
> at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4163)
> at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DND.error(DND.java:281)
> at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DND.error(DND.java:227)
> at org.eclipse.swt.dnd.DropTarget.addDropListener(DropTarget.ja va:210)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.installAreaDropSupport (WorkbenchPage.java:2389)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$5(WorkbenchPage .java:2383)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$3.handleEvent(Workbenc hPage.java:560)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1. run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
>
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.j ava:179)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchroniz er.java:150)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4668)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syn cExec(E4Application.java:172)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.ha ndleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handl eEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispa tchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispa tchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEve nt(EventManager.java:230)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEv entSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEv ent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent( EventAdminImpl.java:78)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent( EventComponent.java:39)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send( EventBroker.java:81)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notify Changed(UIEventPublisher.java:58)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify (BasicNotifierImpl.java:380)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.UIElementImpl.se tWidget(UIElementImpl.java:248)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.bi ndWidget(SWTPartRenderer.java:90)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:743)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:520)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ElementReferenceRe nderer.createWidget(ElementReferenceRenderer.java:69)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:741)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:520)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:597)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.pr ocessContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:59)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:532)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:597)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.pr ocessContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:59)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:532)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:597)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.SWTPartRenderer.pr ocessContents(SWTPartRenderer.java:59)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.PerspectiveRendere r.processContents(PerspectiveRenderer.java:59)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:532)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:597)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.PerspectiveStackRe nderer.showTab(PerspectiveStackRenderer.java:103)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.LazyStackRenderer$ 1.handleEvent(LazyStackRenderer.java:73)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1. run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
>
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.j ava:179)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchroniz er.java:150)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4668)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syn cExec(E4Application.java:172)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.ha ndleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handl eEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispa tchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispa tchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEve nt(EventManager.java:230)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEv entSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEv ent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent( EventAdminImpl.java:78)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent( EventComponent.java:39)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send( EventBroker.java:81)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notify Changed(UIEventPublisher.java:58)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify (BasicNotifierImpl.java:380)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.advanced.impl.Perspec tiveStackImpl.setSelectedElement(PerspectiveStackImpl.java:1 35)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.advanced.impl.Perspec tiveStackImpl.setSelectedElement(PerspectiveStackImpl.java:1 )
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.setPerspective(Workben chPage.java:3116)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setup(WorkbenchWindo w.java:526)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(Meth odRequestor.java:56)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotate d(InjectorImpl.java:828)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(Injector Impl.java:108)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(Injector Impl.java:78)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.inject( ContextInjectionFactory.java:72)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createWorkbenchWindow(Work bench.java:1177)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.getActiveWorkbenchWindow(W orkbench.java:1151)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.upd ateActiveShell(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:932)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.get CurrentState(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:133)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider$6.h andleEvent(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:692)
>
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.filterEvent(Display.java:126 2)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1052)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1077)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1058)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.WM_ACTIVATE(Decorations. java:1647)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.WM_ACTIVATE(Shell.java:2134)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4508 )
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:341)
> at
> org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.j ava:1610)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2058)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4957 )
> at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.BringWindowToTop(Native Method)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.bringToTop(Decorations.j ava:230)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.open(Shell.java:1214)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.WBWRenderer.postPr ocess(WBWRenderer.java:591)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:536)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:597)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine $7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:809)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine .run(PartRenderingEngine.java:768)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRu nUI(E4Workbench.java:87)
>
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$3.run(Workbench.java:542)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:524)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
> at de.eiswind.paris.client.core.Application.start(Application.j ava:45)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:196)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:344)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 622)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
>
Re: Exception on startup after siwtching to M6 [message #659740 is a reply to message #659718] Tue, 15 March 2011 09:02 Go to previous message
Remy Suen is currently offline Remy Suen
Messages: 462
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
The IllegalArgumentException is a bug but to get around it (using your code and not having to be forced to patch our code) you could take a look at IDEWorkbenchWindowAdvisor's preWindowOpen() method. Call the configureEditorAreaDropListener(DropTargetListener) method and just give it an empty implementation if you don't care about DND support in the shared area.
Previous Topic:e4.1 M6 missing requirements
Next Topic:Splash progress bar
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 01 08:03:01 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05967 seconds