Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JavaServer Faces » Support for beans in faces-config.xml outside WebContent
Support for beans in faces-config.xml outside WebContent [message #658605] Wed, 09 March 2011 08:56 Go to next message
Dietrich Schulten is currently offline Dietrich SchultenFriend
Hi,

I have managed to add the JSF Facet to a maven war project, and in my JSPs I can even see the managed beans from the faces-config.xml in the standard location src/main/webapp/WEB-INF. Unfortunately, the jsp editor does not see the beans from a generated faces-config.xml which lives in a folder separate from src/main/webapp, it is in a WEB-INF folder below the target/generated-sources folder.

How do the Faces Tools look for the faces-config files? In the web.xml, I have three of them:
<param-name>
javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES
</param-name>
<param-value>
/WEB-INF/faces-config-generated.xml,/WEB-INF/faces-config-ge neral.xml,/WEB-INF/faces-config-navigation.xml
</param-value>

The first one contains the generated managed beans, and it is not found. The managed beans from the second one are found and shown by code completion.

I tried to add my path to the generated webapp sources in .jsdtscope and in org.eclipse.swt.commons.component, but that did not help. What seems to help is to drag the generated file to webapp/WEB-INF and create a link. But I'd rather help WTP to find the file in the original place.
Re: Support for beans in faces-config.xml outside WebContent [message #663885 is a reply to message #658605] Wed, 06 April 2011 17:33 Go to previous message
Ian Trimble is currently offline Ian TrimbleFriend
As you have discovered, JSF Tools are designed to work with artifacts under WTP's "web content" folder. Recent improvements have been made to allow that "web content" folder to be the project root, but further enhancements would be required to make all features work with multiple "web content" folders. Fell free to file bugs/enhancements (and even provide patches, if you have found solutions).
Previous Topic:What's the state of Facelets support in Helios?
Next Topic:JSF Facet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:26:11 GMT 2024