Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] Multiple Tabs in the properties view
[EEF] Multiple Tabs in the properties view [message #658504] Tue, 08 March 2011 18:50 Go to next message
Wagner Paz is currently offline Wagner PazFriend
Hi,
It's possible to generate view Containers as Tabs?
I'd like to organize my form contents better. I have a large nurmber of fields and that makes it ugly.

Something like change the Representation of a group to "Tab".

Thanks!
Re: [EEF] Multiple Tabs in the properties view [message #768527 is a reply to message #658504] Tue, 20 December 2011 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colin PowaaFriend
Hi,

I know this is quite an old topic, but as I could not find any information on the subject and had to figure out by myself, I post my results here as it might be useful to somebody.

In order to get several Tab in the view of an object:

- The first step is to have the basic editor working.
- Then you have to create as many views as you want for tabs in one of the .component repository.
- Still in the .component go to the Properties Edition Component of the Object you want to have tabs for.
- Add alls the view (tabs) you just created to its Binding Section
- Regenerate the eef architecture
- Copy the new <!-- Tabbed properties views extension --> from the xxx_properties.plugin.xml generated
- Paste it in the plugin.xml of you .editor project, (in place of the previous code for tabs)
- In this plugin.xml you may as well change the names of your tabs

It worked for me, hope it will for you

Colin
Re: [EEF] Multiple Tabs in the properties view [message #768644 is a reply to message #768527] Tue, 20 December 2011 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yashine Missing name is currently offline yashine Missing nameFriend
Hi Colin,

the xxx_properties.plugin.xml generated must be pasted in the plugin.xml of .editor project or .edit project?

Regards

Yashine
Re: [EEF] Multiple Tabs in the properties view [message #768678 is a reply to message #768644] Tue, 20 December 2011 15:41 Go to previous message
Colin PowaaFriend
Hi Yash,

You should check out the tutorial called EEF first generation on eclipse wiki.
from what i know, you should only paste the second part of the file (all the content following the line " <!-- Tabbed properties views extension --> ") into the .editor-project's plugin.xml.
This suppose you did the tutorial before, so you should replace what you pasted in the first place.
The first half of the xxx_properties.plugin.xml is supposed to be pasted in the plugin.xml of the .edit project, but in my case it wasn't changed at all.

Good Luck !
Previous Topic:Dynamic model load performance
Next Topic:child , EList , containment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:25:20 GMT 2024