Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse for Java EE 3.6.2 - glassfish cannot start from IDE but can from command line
Eclipse for Java EE 3.6.2 - glassfish cannot start from IDE but can from command line [message #657446] Wed, 02 March 2011 19:38 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hello, I installed Eclipse for Java EE 3.6.2 with bundled Glassfish 3.1. Glassfish was registered in IDE from installation. Now, when I try to start glassfish from IDE I get:

Quote:
Port conflict: Please stop the server process using the same port as the one used by the Application Server.
A server process is already running on this port but we cannot determine if it's a GlassFish process (lack of info or credentials).If you do not find something else running on this port, check for antivirus software blocking or monitoring this port.

No other glassfish, tomcat, jboss instance is running, according to "netstat" ports 8080 and 4848 are free. When I do "asadmin start-domain", default domain1 starts fine. When I now try in Eclipse run the project on the server, it reports:

Quote:
Wrong user name or password.

While in console is this:

Quote:
Attempting to start domain1.... Please look at the server log for more details.....

In domain log there's no error, nothing important. Only info about domain startup.

I did not change password for the domain, it should stay on default "admin" - "".

Thanks for any help.

Re: Eclipse for Java EE 3.6.2 - glassfish cannot start from IDE but can from command line [message #658300 is a reply to message #657446] Mon, 07 March 2011 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Buchner is currently offline Markus BuchnerFriend
I have the same issue - Please Help - What could be the issue?

Can start the glassfish 3.1 from DOS but not in eclipse!!

Helios 3.6.2 + Glassfish tools

Same Error:
Port conflict: Please stop the server process using the same port as the one used by the Application Server.
A server process is already running on this port but we cannot determine if it's a GlassFish process (lack of info or credentials).If you do not find something else running on this port, check for antivirus software blocking or monitoring this port.

Also checked my Ports with:
http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/

But everythings okay!

Working with netbeans works also - so it must be some Helios + Glassfish tools bug

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2011 18:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse for Java EE 3.6.2 - glassfish cannot start from IDE but can from command line [message #658458 is a reply to message #658300] Tue, 08 March 2011 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Markus Buchner is currently offline Markus BuchnerFriend
hi

Although I couldnt find a running service on 8080 I could fix the issue by creating a new domain on another port - now it works in eclipse again - dont ask me why Smile

command to create a new domain on 8082

C:\SERVER\glassfish31\bin>asadmin create-domain --savelogin --checkports=false --adminport 4848 --instanceport 8082
--domainproperties=jms.port=7676:domain.jmxPort=8686:orb.lis tener.port=3700:http.ssl.port=8181:orb.ssl.port=3820:o
rb.mutualauth.port=3920 domain1

Greetings Max
Re: Eclipse for Java EE 3.6.2 - glassfish cannot start from IDE but can from command line [message #659109 is a reply to message #658300] Fri, 11 March 2011 05:43 Go to previous message
ludo  is currently offline ludo Friend
Can you describe the location of eclipse ide and the location of the workspace?

Any symbolic links or drive letters that would confuse the plugin with 2 different server installation areas which are in fact the same?
Previous Topic:Eclipse refuses to save JSP files in Dynamic Web Project
Next Topic:Plugin context menu conditions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:23:12 GMT 2024