Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Older Epsilon versions
Older Epsilon versions [message #656886] Mon, 28 February 2011 21:48 Go to next message
Christoph Wienands is currently offline Christoph WienandsFriend
Hello all,

after almost a year I'm finally back in the modeling business. Back then we had created a fairly complex DSL and used Eugenia to configure and generate the graphical editor.

As of now I have updated everything to the latest versions, Eclipse Helios, EMF, GMF, Epsilon, etc. The first issue I found was that the "Generate .genmodel" function in the latest Eugenia version does not generate a proper .genmodel anymore. When I try to open the generated file, I get an exception. When I do a diff between old and new model, Eugenia excluded a referenced .ecore model. The underlying .ecore model references a number of other .ecores, so there is a dependency tree, and the lowest or second-lowest .ecore file is excluded.

I tried to go back in time for some root cause analysis to figure out whether this issue was truly introduced by a new Eugenia version, or whether we made changes to the underlying .ecore metamodels that might be responsible.

Unfortunately, I believe the old Eugenia version that I still have on my system is not the one we used back then, because it already shows the faulty behavior on our code from a time (I pulled old versions from SVN) when we on a daily basis would regenerate the .genmodel. I believe, but don't know for sure, that I updated Eugenia some time last summer, and if that is the case, then I don't have the Eugenia binaries anymore that we used in the very beginning.

So, my question is, can I access older Epsilon releases somewhere? Or could someone provide me with those? If possible I would like to avoid pulling old Epsilon code from SVN and compile it myself (yet another source of potential issues). The oldest Epsilon version that I have here is 0.8.9.201004151115. Our code goes back to February 2010, so most likely we were using the Epsilon/Eugenia version that was current back then. If there were any releases in between, I would like to have them, too.

Then I could try our models on this old version to determine whether the issue was introduced by a new Eugenia version, or whether something is just really screwed up on my system Wink

Thanks a lot, Christoph

[Updated on: Mon, 28 February 2011 21:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Older Epsilon versions [message #657073 is a reply to message #656886] Tue, 01 March 2011 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Christoph,

Does fully installing GMF solve this problem?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Older Epsilon versions [message #657093 is a reply to message #657073] Tue, 01 March 2011 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Dimitris,

thanks for replying.

Unfortunately not. I actually did not expect it either since the .genmodel does not have anything to do with GMF.

I figured, since I am obviously in "DLL" hell and before I involve other people in this, I first need to make sure that at least at some point in time, Eugenia and our .ecore models properly worked together. Do you have backup copies of the binaries of previous Epsilon releases?

Thanks, Christoph
Re: Older Epsilon versions [message #657295 is a reply to message #657093] Wed, 02 March 2011 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Christoph,

I have backups of previous versions but I need to generate an index web-page which would allow you to download them. I plan to do this over the weekend as I'm away this week.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Older Epsilon versions [message #658918 is a reply to message #657295] Thu, 10 March 2011 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Christoph,

Apologies for the late reply. Older versions of Epsilon can be downloaded using the following link:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/modeling /gmt/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon_x.y.z_incubation.zip

by substituting x.y.z with anything between 0.8.0 and 0.9.0 (current version). Release dates are available in http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/epsilon/news/epsilonNewsArchive.r ss

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Older Epsilon versions [message #662018 is a reply to message #658918] Mon, 28 March 2011 22:06 Go to previous message
Cool, thanks.

Christoph
Previous Topic:[ETL] Accessing one output of a multiple "to's" transformation
Next Topic:[EVL] "getAllOfType" problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:19:59 GMT 2024