Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Breakpoints never hit in Javascript methods
Breakpoints never hit in Javascript methods [message #655738] Tue, 22 February 2011 09:28 Go to next message
RWIL Mising name is currently offline RWIL Mising name
Messages: 28
Registered: February 2011
Junior Member
Hello,

I've got a strange behavior when I try to debug a report that uses JavaScript to use a Java class as datasource.

The report works, the breakpoint (1) in the method report.initialize() is hit when I debug the report, but the breakpoint (2) in the datasource.beforeOpen() method is never hit.

This is strange, because I've put a System.out.prinln('test') in the method datasource.beforeOpen() and I can see the "test" output in the console. The code is executed, but the breakpoint do not stop the execution of the report.

I'm using Eclipse 3.6.1, BIRT 2.6.1, with the JDK 1.6.0.22b04.

Does someone already have this problem too ?

What is the threading model used by Eclipse/Birt in debug mode ?

Thanks
Re: Breakpoints never hit in Javascript methods [message #655804 is a reply to message #655738] Tue, 22 February 2011 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

I believe this is a known bug in the debugger but should be fixed in
BIRT 2.6.2 which is scheduled to be released in the next week.

Jason

On 2/22/2011 9:28 AM, RWIL wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got a strange behavior when I try to debug a report that uses
> JavaScript to use a Java class as datasource.
>
> The report works, the breakpoint (1) in the method report.initialize()
> is hit when I debug the report, but the breakpoint (2) in the
> datasource.beforeOpen() method is never hit.
>
> This is strange, because I've put a System.out.prinln('test') in the
> method datasource.beforeOpen() and I can see the "test" output in the
> console. The code is executed, but the breakpoint do not stop the
> execution of the report.
>
> I'm using Eclipse 3.6.1, BIRT 2.6.1, with the JDK 1.6.0.22b04.
> Does someone already have this problem too ?
>
> What is the threading model used by Eclipse/Birt in debug mode ?
> Thanks
Re: Breakpoints never hit in Javascript methods [message #656007 is a reply to message #655804] Wed, 23 February 2011 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWIL Mising name is currently offline RWIL Mising name
Messages: 28
Registered: February 2011
Junior Member
Thanks for the answer, Jason.

I hope my problem will be fixed in the next release, of course. Smile

Do you know where I can find a list of the bugs fixed in this next release ? I would like to check if the scenario described in the bug report is similar to my case.

Thanks

Renaud
Re: Breakpoints never hit in Javascript methods [message #656016 is a reply to message #656007] Wed, 23 February 2011 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

You can search bugzilla like:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advan ced;target_milestone=2.6.2;product=BIRT;classification=BIRT

Jason

On 2/23/2011 12:33 PM, RWIL wrote:
> Thanks for the answer, Jason.
>
> I hope my problem will be fixed in the next release, of course. :)
>
> Do you know where I can find a list of the bugs fixed in this next
> release ? I would like to check if the scenario described in the bug
> report is similar to my case.
>
> Thanks
>
> Renaud
Re: Breakpoints never hit in Javascript methods [message #656796 is a reply to message #656016] Mon, 28 February 2011 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWIL Mising name is currently offline RWIL Mising name
Messages: 28
Registered: February 2011
Junior Member
Thanks Jason.

If someone else has the same problem, the case for this bug is https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=247938.
Re: Breakpoints never hit in Javascript methods [message #656998 is a reply to message #656796] Tue, 01 March 2011 05:18 Go to previous message
RWIL Mising name is currently offline RWIL Mising name
Messages: 28
Registered: February 2011
Junior Member
I've installed the version 2.6.2, and now the debugger stops on some of my breakpoints, but not all the breakpoints : the method DataSource.afterClose is executed (I can see the trace in the console) but the debugger did not stop on the breakpoint in this method.

I have no idea how to fill a bug report about that problem, so if anybody who knows can explain how to do this, it would be helpfull.

Thanks
Previous Topic:Stored procedure is not available in the New Data Set dialog
Next Topic:Empty first page
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Jul 25 23:17:28 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02734 seconds