Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Target Management » Remote Debuging without gdbserver(Remote Debuging without gdbserver)
Remote Debuging without gdbserver [message #655447] Mon, 21 February 2011 08:16 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi Team,

I have a host windows machine and target Linux machine.

I want to debug an application in Target Linux machine from Eclipse ide in host machine.

I dont have gdb in my host machine but i have gdb as well as gdbserver in target machine

Is there a way i can debug app in target machine from Eclipse(in host machine) without using host gdb but using remote gdb.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
ssk
Re: Remote Debuging without gdbserver [message #655460 is a reply to message #655447] Mon, 21 February 2011 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
See the FAQ:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/TM_and_RSE_FAQ#How_can_I_do_Remote_D ebugging_with_CDT.3F

When you don't have a cross-gdb on your windows host, you'll need to remotely execute the remote gdb through ssh. This used to work in the past, I do not know if it still works - if not, please ask the question on the CDT forum.

Thanks,
Martin
Re: Remote Debuging without gdbserver [message #655702 is a reply to message #655460] Tue, 22 February 2011 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin ,

Thanks for you reply,

I posted the same query in eclipse CDT forum but didnt get any response.

Could you please tell me how to "remotely execute the remote gdb through ssh" .

Under CDT debug configuration which one should i select ?
1.C/C++ remote application or
2.GDB Hardware Debugging

and where should i give " ssh remotehost gdb" command ?

Please help me out with this , i have seen few materials regarding this but not sure which one to select and how to do.

Thanks in Advance
ssk.
Re: Remote Debuging without gdbserver [message #655875 is a reply to message #655447] Wed, 23 February 2011 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin ,

Thanks for you reply,

I posted the same query in eclipse CDT forum but didnt get any response.

Could you please tell me how to "remotely execute the remote gdb through ssh" .

Under CDT debug configuration which one should i select ?
1.C/C++ remote application or
2.GDB Hardware Debugging

and where should i give " ssh remotehost gdb" command ?

Please help me out with this , i have seen few materials regarding this but not sure which one to select and how to do.

Thanks in Advance
ssk.
Re: Remote Debuging without gdbserver [message #656197 is a reply to message #655875] Thu, 24 February 2011 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Please read the FAQ mentioned above, it has references to some bugzilla's which have more details.

Also, please note that this forum is being shut down since the TM project moved to Tools. Please use the "Target Management" forum instead for future questions (news://eclipse.tools.tm, or http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id= 210 ).

Martin
Re: Remote Debuging without gdbserver [message #1703105 is a reply to message #656197] Tue, 28 July 2015 14:42 Go to previous message
Mohamed Abdelazim is currently offline Mohamed AbdelazimFriend
Hi

Now there is a new plug-in http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/direct-remote-c-debugging

It works with new versions of Eclipse . It does running gdb over ssh remotly and makes all the debugging features available in local Eclipse.
Previous Topic:TM has moved to Tools, this Forum is closed!
Next Topic:Links not refreshed properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:03:02 GMT 2024