Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Problems with Subversive 2011.01.24 using svn+ssh
Problems with Subversive 2011.01.24 using svn+ssh [message #653935] Fri, 11 February 2011 18:15 Go to next message
Chris Eagan is currently offline Chris Eagan
I have seen this problem for the past few weeks in a number of different situation. The error message is quite long and contains a very large number of null characters between the single quotes.

java.io.IOException: svn: Handshake failed, received: '<a bunch of null characters>'

I have seen this error:

• while performing a Synchronize of a about 80 projects in an Eclipse runtime.
  • while using Buckminster to resolve and materialize a project content from an svn+ssh repository in an Eclipse runtime.
  • while using Buckminster to resolve and materialize content from an svn+ssh repository using a headless Buckminster installation.

All of these scenarios involve Subersive performing the svn+ssh retrieval and a large number (~80) projects being checked out or synchronized at the same time or close to it. I installed the 2010.05.12 archived version of Subversive into my workspace instead of the latest release and have not seen the issue occur for the past week or so. The issue is still occuring for my on my Jenkins build system that uses headless Buckminster. This is most likely due to the fact that the Buckminster installation is using the latest version of Subversive.

Has this affected anyone else? Is there any information I can gather that would be helpful in fixing this issue?
Re: Problems with Subversive 2011.01.24 using svn+ssh [message #653936 is a reply to message #653935] Fri, 11 February 2011 18:33 Go to previous message
Chris Eagan is currently offline Chris Eagan
In addition, sometimes the message is a bit different and reads:

java.io.IOException: svn: Malformed network data
Previous Topic:Custom conflict resolution process: relative paths
Next Topic:How to reopen a subversive bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 29 20:39:45 EDT 2014