|Re: Eclipse fails to launch following upgrade to 3.6.1 [message #662783 is a reply to message #662748]
||Thu, 31 March 2011 22:17
| Bradley D. Thornton
Registered: February 2011
|Andrew Overholt wrote on Thu, 31 March 2011 14:47|
Where do the 1_SBo.tgz packages come from?
Thanks for responding Andrew. I was wondering if anyone was ever going to respond to this.
The SBo.tgz package that I created/installed comes from (as the 'SBo' portion of the filename indicates) http://SlackBuilds.org.
I used the stock SlackBuild to create the package and upgradepkg to upgrade the package.
When I roll back- the previous version works, when I upgrade, it is broken again.
Thanks and I hope you'll be able to provide some pointers to the problem since this has been broken for a while and I'm currently running the previous version at this time.
Thanks so much!
[Updated on: Thu, 31 March 2011 22:19]
Report message to a moderator
|Re: Eclipse fails to launch following upgrade to 3.6.1 [message #728863 is a reply to message #653736]
||Sat, 24 September 2011 05:43
| Rob King
Registered: September 2011
I ran into a similar problem myself (Slackware 13.37 x64_86), but did find a simple fix which I will explain below.|
When looking closer at the SBO script, it appears that two new configuration files are not directly installed, and that the 2 old configuration files are retained as-is. So if you try to launch eclipse immediately after upgrading (or even uninstalling and then reinstalling), it will actually try to use the old config files, and will therefore fail with the errors you described.
I'm guessing that the the SBO maintainer leaves it to you to manually copy old configuration settings into the new configuration settings. This makes sense to me because you might have important config settings in the old versions that should be reviewed and transferred to the new config files as required.
In my case, I had performed an uninstall of one SBO version of Eclipse and tried to install a new SBO version of Eclipse, and I ran into an error you described which was not the exact same but very similar.
To resolve this issue, I did the following:
1) copied eclipse.ini.new over eclipse.ini (which you did)
2) copied configuration/config.ini.new over configuration/config.ini (which you didn't do)
After doing step #2 above, eclipse should launch without problems.
Hope this helps someone!
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02181 seconds