Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » CVS local revision
CVS local revision [message #652713] Sat, 05 February 2011 20:03 Go to next message
klam  is currently offline klam
Messages: 3
Registered: February 2011
Junior Member
Hi there, im new in CVS and i was reading about local and remote revisions.
When i look at a java file history it shows a list of remote and local revisions.
Since I edit and save and build my files A LOT, the list is huge and i'd like to disable those things from going into CVS, how do i do that? i only want it to show the changes after i've commited, that to me is the whole purpose of it.

can i somehow disable that from going into the CVS server? i find myself scrolling a lot in history i don't think is fair for other developers to do that as well.

Thanks
Re: CVS local revision [message #652746 is a reply to message #652713] Sun, 06 February 2011 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak Azad
Messages: 545
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 2/6/2011 1:33 AM, klam wrote:
> Hi there, im new in CVS and i was reading about local and remote revisions.
> When i look at a java file history it shows a list of remote and local
> revisions. Since I edit and save and build my files A LOT, the list is
> huge and i'd like to disable those things from going into CVS, how do i
> do that? i only want it to show the changes after i've commited, that to
> me is the whole purpose of it.
The local history is maintained locally, it does not go to the CVS server.

> can i somehow disable that from going into the CVS server? i find myself
> scrolling a lot in history i don't think is fair for other developers to
> do that as well.
>
> Thanks
In the history view's toolbar, there are three buttons - Remote
Revisions (the yellow cylindrical icon), Local Revisions (a rectangular
window like icon), Local and Remote Revisions (combination of both the
other icons). If you want to see only the Remote Revisions (the ones on
the CVS server), just click the 'Remote Revisions' button.
Re: CVS local revision [message #652794 is a reply to message #652746] Sun, 06 February 2011 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
klam  is currently offline klam
Messages: 3
Registered: February 2011
Junior Member
Thanks for the response but that's not quite what I meant.
I don't mind if i see my local revisions but I don't want that to go into the CVS server and other developers having to see soo many lines of revisions caused by me on my local, i just want the revisions i commited to be sent to CVS server, not my local... if that's not possible then how do i disable my local revisions? i just don't see why if im debugging something and change the same line many times it has to go to the cvs server for everyone to see.

[Updated on: Sun, 06 February 2011 20:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CVS local revision [message #652805 is a reply to message #652794] Mon, 07 February 2011 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak Azad
Messages: 545
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 2/7/2011 1:53 AM, klam wrote:
> Thanks for the response but that's not quite what I meant.
> I don't mind if i see my local revisions but I don't want that to go
> into the CVS server and other developers having to see soo many lines of
> revisions caused by me on my local, i just want the revisions i commited
> to be sent to CVS server, not my local... if that's not possible then
> how do i disable my local revisions? i just don't see why every time i
> save a miserable line it has to go to the cvs server for everyone to see.
As I said the local history is maintained locally and only you can see
it, it does *not* go to the CVS server.
Re: CVS local revision [message #653162 is a reply to message #652805] Tue, 08 February 2011 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
klam  is currently offline klam
Messages: 3
Registered: February 2011
Junior Member
then how is it possible i see a bunch of blanks with the local revision icon that don't belong to me?, it must be from someone else's (I know because I never touched those and it's being worked by another developer).

If I can see someone else, im sure they can see mine, i see them all mixed together (mine and their local)
Re: CVS local revision [message #653167 is a reply to message #653162] Tue, 08 February 2011 17:51 Go to previous message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak Azad
Messages: 545
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 2/8/2011 11:13 PM, klam wrote:
> then how is it possible i see a bunch of blanks with the local revision
> icon that don't belong to me?, it must be from someone else's (I know
> because I never touched those and it's being worked by another developer).
>
> If I can see someone else, im sure they can see mine, i see them all
> mixed together (mine and their local)
A local revision is created whenever you edit a file and save it. Even a
small change of adding a ';' will create a local revision. As a result
you can see a large number of local revisions.

What you see are edits/revisions made by you on your local machine.
Previous Topic:scanning method bodys for method invocations
Next Topic:unknown error
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Nov 01 11:15:43 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02236 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software