|Newbie on Equinox and OSGI: Tutorial for swing based applications not using RCP and workbench? [message #652316]
||Thu, 03 February 2011 14:56
Registered: February 2011
Firstly, i have to say this is my first post in the forum and I am a newbie on Equinox.
I have been on the last weeks getting to know OSGi and its goodness. Our purpose is to migrate a JNLP Swing based application (prepared to be pluggable somehow) to a JNLP OSGi based framework where to plug applications.
The thing is that I have found extensive tutorials on building and executing eclipse RCP applications. They are fine, but as far as we are getting, we do not want to mount the workbench. We want to use our swing main application where other swing modules will be attached using osgi.
However, did not found ANY tutorial, reference, etc. on how to execute Swing applications over equinox. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Im pretty lost now.
Up to now, my objective is really simple:
- I want equinox to start a bundle which opens the application. Up to here everything is fine and have been able to do that (and consume OSGi services).
- I want that when I close the application, the equinox to be ended without executing system.exit stuff.
Ive read that if I implement iApplication interface, I can bootstrap on equinox so that my application is launched when the framework starts. And when it closes, the framework stops. Also, do not need to have "osgi.noShutdown=true" to be running equinox.
Am I going in the right direction?
Any help is appreciated,
PD: Later work goes on performing these steps:
- Make the environment web started (i think i will be able to do that without much effort).
- Prepare an OSGi OBR for extension modules.
- Build a module that enables to consult OBR extensions and install them (thinking on basing it on Felix OBR Implementation, could not find an OBR implementation in equinox).
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.05196 seconds