Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Eclipse Java EE, Glassfish, Tomcat, and TPTP
Eclipse Java EE, Glassfish, Tomcat, and TPTP [message #651637] Mon, 31 January 2011 19:23 Go to next message
Jane Austin is currently offline Jane Austin
Hi All,

I am using Eclipse Java EE IDE (Helios Service Release) with TPTP plugin installed. I am trying to profile Glassfish application server, but nothing comes out. My Eclipse TPTP plugin can profile Tomcat application server. Did I miss anything when profiling Glassfish? Have any of you succeeded in doing this?
Thanks in advance!

Jane
Re: Eclipse Java EE, Glassfish, Tomcat, and TPTP [message #651810 is a reply to message #651637] Tue, 01 February 2011 12:07 Go to previous message
Jonathan West is currently offline Jonathan West
Hi Jane, Glassfish is not supported for profiling using the Eclipse web tools, you will need to manually specify the JVM arguments to the Glassfish Java process, and then connect to the agent using the 'Attach to Agent' entry inside the 'Profile Configurations' dialog.

More information on how to set the JVM environment variables for profiling is available from the Getting Started document included with the standalone agent controller, and an EclipseCon presentation with more information is available here:
http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/home/documents/conferences/eclip seCon2009/712_ProfilingTestingTPTP.pdf

I am not specifically familiar with Glassfish configuration, so you will need to figure out how to add the necessary JVM arguments to the Glassfish JVM process.

Previous Topic:TPTP with Exe application
Next Topic:Interpretation of Execution statistics[Cumulative Time]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 30 07:26:46 EDT 2014