Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Custom diff and merge programs not used
icon5.gif  Custom diff and merge programs not used [message #651284] Fri, 28 January 2011 17:40 Go to next message
Guillaume P. is currently offline Guillaume P.Friend
Hi,

I'm trying to specify my own diff and merge programs through the subversive parameters interface, but my settings don't seems to be used.

To make my tests, I made two executable Jar files returning a predefined result: the diff program always return 0 (with System.exit(0)), which should mean that there is no difference. But when making a comparison ("team synchronize", or any other way), it always shows me files which are different or not (instead of telling me that there is no difference).

I also tried to add a popup into my diff program, to see if it is really called, but I see no popup when making the comparison.

The final goal here is not to hide all differences, but only to manage to use my own diff and merge programs.

Does someone has any idea of what could be missing to take in account my customized diff ?
Re: Custom diff and merge programs not used [message #651720 is a reply to message #651284] Tue, 01 February 2011 12:38 Go to previous message
Guillaume P. is currently offline Guillaume P.Friend
I watched the Subversive sources, and I noticed that the SVNTeamPreferences] class, used by the UI to store user defined diff and merge programs preferences, does not seems to be used by the org.eclipse.team.svn.core pluggin: used parameters are written directly into the DiffViewerSettings class.

That would explain why making changes trough the UI has no effect...

[EDIT]: I made a mistake: hard coded preferences in DiffViewerSettings are used by SVNTeamPreferences to define default values. But I still not see where the parameter with the "DIFF_VIEWER_RESOURCES_SPECIFIC_PARAMETERS" key is used excepted into the SVNTeamDiffViewerPage.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2011 15:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Why would checkouts immediately think they were modified?
Next Topic:Unable to connect to SVN repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:13:25 GMT 2024