Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Testing with Virgo Test Framework
Testing with Virgo Test Framework [message #651278] Fri, 28 January 2011 16:59 Go to next message
Wesley is currently offline WesleyFriend
Hi, i'm trying to get virgo test framework to run my integration tests. I'm not using maven or ant.
I get the follow message when i try to run a simple test:

Quote:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: There must be exactly one user region bundle context in the service registry. 0 were found.

Should i put something test.config.properties to make it work? I just cant find any tutorials to help me on that.
Re: Testing with Virgo Test Framework [message #651377 is a reply to message #651278] Sun, 30 January 2011 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I gave up of using DmKernelTestRunner, since my tests wouldn't really use the Virgo Kernel and user region.

So i'm using now OsgiTestRunner and when i try to run the tests i got the message:

Quote:
The System Bundle could not be resolved: Missing Constraint: Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5,OSGi/Minimum-1.2

I thought it was just a case of change the compilance level in Eclipse, but when i change, i got the trace from JUnit:

Quote:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.generics.factory.CoreReflectionFactory.makeNamed Type(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.generics.visitor.Reifier.visitClassTypeSignature (Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.generics.tree.ClassTypeSignature.accept(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseSig(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseClassValue(Unkn own Source)
at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseMemberValue(Unk nown Source)
at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseAnnotation(Unkn own Source)
at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseAnnotations2(Un known Source)
at sun.reflect.annotation.AnnotationParser.parseAnnotations(Unk nown Source)
at java.lang.Class.initAnnotationsIfNecessary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getAnnotations(Unknown Source)
at org.junit.runner.Description.createSuiteDescription(Descript ion.java:72)
at org.junit.internal.runners.ErrorReportingRunner.getDescripti on(ErrorReportingRunner.java:25)
at org.junit.runner.Runner.testCount(Runner.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestClassRefere nce.countTestCases(JUnit4TestClassReference.java:30)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.count Tests(RemoteTestRunner.java:487)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTe sts(RemoteTestRunner.java:455)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTe sts(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(R emoteTestRunner.java:390)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main( RemoteTestRunner.java:197)

And i got locked, where should i go?

Re: Testing with Virgo Test Framework [message #651397 is a reply to message #651377] Sun, 30 January 2011 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

As the message you get says you will need at least JDK 1.5. In fact it is better to run with Java 6 as mentioned in the user guide.

The later message just says that you are trying to run class compiled with 1.6 on your old Java SDK/SE.

The compliance level in Eclipse just turns on/off the checks and generation of Java's new features and in no way will affect the actual runtime used.
Re: Testing with Virgo Test Framework [message #651406 is a reply to message #651397] Sun, 30 January 2011 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
As the message you get says you will need at least JDK 1.5. In fact it is better to run with Java 6 as mentioned in the user guide.

Yes, i see what you mean, but the fact is that i am running against a JDK 6 and the system bundle is still complaining about the environment, i really don't know why...
Re: Testing with Virgo Test Framework [message #909223 is a reply to message #651406] Thu, 06 September 2012 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Gartner is currently offline James GartnerFriend
was there ever a resolution to this?
I'm actually seeing the same "Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The System Bundle could not be resolved: Missing Constraint: Bundl
e-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5,OSGi/Minimum-1.2"
when I just try to START virgo jetty?

I have the jdk 1.6_31 installed, JAVA_HOME is set, etc...
Re: Testing with Virgo Test Framework [message #909709 is a reply to message #909223] Fri, 07 September 2012 16:20 Go to previous message
James Gartner is currently offline James GartnerFriend
BTW, it looks like my java-server.properties must have had something wrong. I copied that file from a workinig virgo install, and it starts up fine now.
Previous Topic:Two RAP application in the SAME Virgo kernel
Next Topic:Security Manager AGAIN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:54:42 GMT 2024