|Reading delimited data from web [message #650647]
||Tue, 25 January 2011 14:52
| Tomas Greif
Registered: September 2010
Is there a way how to read delimited data from http protocol using BIRT? The sample dataset I would like to use is here ( http://www.cnb.cz/cs/financni_trhy/devizovy_trh/kurzy_devizo veho_trhu/rok.txt?rok=2011 - FX history). |
I think the best way would be to use scripted data source, but from examples I have found I was not able to create anything usable.
There are other ways possible, like:
- use some kind of csv/plain-text jdbc driver
- use ETL solution to extract data from web and than store data in the database (this works - using Clover does the job well, but I think there must be some simple solution using BIRT only)
I have the following questions:
- do you know any example, how scripted data source is used to read delimited plain text data from web?
- is there any plain text jdbc driver you can use in BIRT to extract data from web?
- any other simple solution?
Thank you for any ideas.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02309 seconds