Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Can you set breakpoints while debugging?
Can you set breakpoints while debugging? [message #650181] Sat, 22 January 2011 15:13 Go to next message
Ollie222  is currently offline Ollie222 Friend
I'm using the latest versions of Eclipse , PDT and xdebug to develop php apps.and I'm generally getting on with it ok.

However can someone tell me if it should be possible to create a breakpoint by double clicking on the blue left hand column while in the debug process as I can't?

I can create them prior to debugging and they work perfectly but not after debugging has begun and if I try to add a breakpoint after starting debugging I get a red warning message at the bottom saying 'breakpoint cannot be set at the given position'.

Is this correct and just the way eclipse works or should I be able to?

I believe I have it all set up correctly and I'm debugging the site I'm working on as either scripts or web pages depending on what I'm doing and it's the same with either zend debugger or xdebug.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2011 15:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can you set breakpoints while debugging? [message #650201 is a reply to message #650181] Sat, 22 January 2011 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gunther  is currently offline Gunther Friend
I can set breakpoints during a debug session while the debugger pauses at a breakpoint or is terminated and ready for form input.
I use Eclipse/Windows with Zend Debugger. Did not try again with Xdebug after struggling getting the Zend debugger to work.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2011 22:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can you set breakpoints while debugging? [message #650319 is a reply to message #650201] Mon, 24 January 2011 11:47 Go to previous message
Ollie222  is currently offline Ollie222 Friend
Thanks for the reply and making me persevere and get this working. I seemed to be having an issue where when debugging it is opening the file directly instead of working on the version in the workspace.

This has the effect that when you try and create the breakpoint it did so in the workspace file but this wasn't the one being debugged.

The issue seems to relate around the setup of the folders and I'm still not entirely sure of the cause but I have now got it working.
Previous Topic:How to run PHP Page in Ms OS X 10.6
Next Topic:helios double-click code selecting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:44:14 GMT 2024