|Re: problems using b3aggregator & hudson with buckminster [message #650000 is a reply to message #649997]
||Fri, 21 January 2011 11:49
| Johannes Utzig
Registered: July 2009
Am 21.01.2011 12:33, schrieb email@example.com:
> After trying some other things i took a look in the workspace the jobs
> create and i just wondered how they could build the component because in
> this workspace was nearly nothing checked out from SVN (only the cquery
> and the rmap). I set the loglevel of Buckminster to 'Debug' and found
> out that Buckminster resolves the plugins from the target platform - and
> not from the aggregated repo or SVN. And i wonder why.
> In my rmap i have 3 locators. The first one catches the plugins of the
> components that should be loaded from SVN, the second one catches all
> other of our plugins that are needed and the last one catches alle
> eclipse plugins. The last two should both get their plugins from the
> aggregated repo.
Obviously your SVN Locator (at one point) did not find the plugins in
question, so another reader was selected. This reader probably found the
bundles in your aggregated repository.
Since you probably did not define an MSPEC, the default behaviour if a
binary bundle is found is to stuff it into the target platform.
If you do not want the binary bundles from the aggregated repository to
end up in the target platform then you need an mspec to define this
After that you might have fixed the rmap so buckminster would in theory
be able to find the stuff in SVN, but:
It will not even try your rmap anymore since these bundle are already
installed in your target platform now.
There is two things you could do in such a case:
1. Create an advisor node in your query and do not allow the resolution
scope "Target Platform" for the bundles you want to download from the
aggregated Repo. That means however, that they have to be downloaded on
every build, which might, or might not be what you want
2. Make sure in your IDE that the locator that points to your SVN really
works as expected. Once you confirmed in an empty workspace that your
rmap finds everything from the right place, delete the target platform
in hudson and start over.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01701 seconds