Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » CLI Workspaces & Projects(How to automatically create workspaces and projects?)
CLI Workspaces & Projects [message #649117] Mon, 17 January 2011 13:11
Hilco Wijbenga is currently offline Hilco Wijbenga
Hi all,

I know that "how do I share a workspace" has come up several times before and the usual answer is "you can't" and "you should share projects". Unfortunately, (AFAIK) this has not changed. In fact, things have gotten worse because now I can't even easily share projects anymore (it seems that the GWT Eclipse plugin that I'm using inserts hard coded filesystem locations).

The main problem, however, is the workspace because it's much bigger, has far more hard-coded user/OS specific entries, and some entries are (or appear to be) binary instead of text. Not to mention that it's the workspace that stores all the really juicy properties. Smile I have tried using import and export but clearly only a subset of the workspace entries are exported/imported.

So I was hoping to solve all my problems by going a bit more low level. Smile Is there a CLI or even a Java API that I could use to create a workspace? And projects? The things that I am specifically interested in are:

* automatically downloading, installing, and configuring required plugins (i.e. required for our project);
* automatically configuring compiler warnings/errors, code clean-up rules, code formatting rules, checkstyle, and PMD.

Pointers and hints on where to look and how to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Hilco
Previous Topic:Relaunching Debugger with Project Variables
Next Topic:Need to find doc for "reference" attribute in team project set
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 20 03:02:12 EDT 2014