Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » How to get data to report programmatically(PLS help, I'd like use designer and put data to report from POJO's)
How to get data to report programmatically [message #647652] Fri, 07 January 2011 10:28 Go to next message
perlos  is currently offline perlos
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2010
Junior Member
Hi everyone,
I have created a report in designer(Birt 2.6.1) witch use data scripted source for loading data from POJO's object (see. http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseBIRT/article.html). It take a time when I able to run. In next step I try put report to my RCP client side project and model, daoMock to common project (support project between client and server). After a while, it run to. But because our project is constructed differently, we need put dao to server project and get data in client from service through hessian. And there is a problem how to get data to report.

Now my Questions:
1) How get data from service to report (what must be In script(Open) of dataSet, probably problem is how to use hessian). Or is there any other way.
2) How to modify report, then I could upload data programmatically (supposed I have data on client in List of Object). Probably only what I need is ho to programmatically override script(Open) of dataSet and put my List instead.

I'd like use designer for creating reports, and programmatically upload data. Better will be keep code separately from the report.

So if you have i Tip or knows some good examples, please let me know

I'll appreciate your help

Cheers
Pavel
Re: How to get data to report programmatically [message #647993 is a reply to message #647652] Mon, 10 January 2011 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Pavel,

Do you have an example of the Hessian client code? You could use a java
event handler and port the code to it. To modify the data you can use
the DE API from a Java or JavaScript event handler for the beforeFactory
event.

Jason

On 1/7/2011 10:28 AM, perlos wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have created a report in designer(Birt 2.6.1) witch use data scripted
> source for loading data from POJO's object (see.
> http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipseBIRT/article.html). It take a time
> when I able to run. In next step I try put report to my RCP client side
> project and model, daoMock to common project (support project between
> client and server). After a while, it run to. But because our project is
> constructed differently, we need put dao to server project and get data
> in client from service through hessian. And there is a problem how to
> get data to report.
>
> Now my Questions:
> 1) How get data from service to report (what must be In script(Open) of
> dataSet, probably problem is how to use hessian). Or is there any other
> way.
> 2) How to modify report, then I could upload data programmatically
> (supposed I have data on client in List of Object). Probably only what I
> need is ho to programmatically override script(Open) of dataSet and put
> my List instead.
>
> I'd like use designer for creating reports, and programmatically upload
> data. Better will be keep code separately from the report.
>
> So if you have i Tip or knows some good examples, please let me know
>
> I'll appreciate your help
>
> Cheers
> Pavel
Re: How to get data to report programmatically [message #649040 is a reply to message #647993] Mon, 17 January 2011 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perlos  is currently offline perlos
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2010
Junior Member
I'm not sure what you looking for. We use SpringFramework and Hessian is a part of that (see: http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/reference/r emoting.html). We came out from this document, and change in our code is minimal, but I wonder if the report can access the service.

The second thing is, if somewhere is an example of how to run a report to add your own data source. Event Handler for the beforeFactory event is a good idea, but I do not know which class / method to use it. I use code of this example http://onjava.com/onjava/2006/07/26/examples/birtdeployment. zip (Viewer Deployed in RCP).

While using Birt is up to the bosses, so it's postponed. But others, it might be useful. So if you know, let get us a tip pls.

But thanks anyway.

Pavel
Re: How to get data to report programmatically [message #649125 is a reply to message #649040] Mon, 17 January 2011 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

I put together an example as described in 19.4 using an HTTP invoker.
Take a look at this post:

On 1/17/2011 6:42 AM, perlos wrote:
> I'm not sure what you looking for. We use SpringFramework and Hessian is
> a part of that (see:
> http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/reference/r emoting.html).
> We came out from this document, and change in our code is minimal, but I
> wonder if the report can access the service.
>
> The second thing is, if somewhere is an example of how to run a report
> to add your own data source. Event Handler for the beforeFactory event
> is a good idea, but I do not know which class / method to use it. I use
> code of this example
> http://onjava.com/onjava/2006/07/26/examples/birtdeployment. zip (Viewer
> Deployed in RCP).
>
> While using Birt is up to the bosses, so it's postponed. But others, it
> might be useful. So if you know, let get us a tip pls.
>
> But thanks anyway.
>
> Pavel
>
Re: How to get data to report programmatically [message #649126 is a reply to message #649125] Mon, 17 January 2011 13:59 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Sorry, hit send to early:

Look a this post. It does not use Hessian but should be able to.
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-on-birt-and-sprin g.html

Also have a look at
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2009/11/calling-spring-objects -from-birt.html

Jason

On 1/17/2011 1:57 PM, Jason Weathersby wrote:
> I put together an example as described in 19.4 using an HTTP invoker.
> Take a look at this post:
>
> On 1/17/2011 6:42 AM, perlos wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you looking for. We use SpringFramework and Hessian is
>> a part of that (see:
>> http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/reference/r emoting.html).
>>
>> We came out from this document, and change in our code is minimal, but I
>> wonder if the report can access the service.
>>
>> The second thing is, if somewhere is an example of how to run a report
>> to add your own data source. Event Handler for the beforeFactory event
>> is a good idea, but I do not know which class / method to use it. I use
>> code of this example
>> http://onjava.com/onjava/2006/07/26/examples/birtdeployment. zip (Viewer
>> Deployed in RCP).
>>
>> While using Birt is up to the bosses, so it's postponed. But others, it
>> might be useful. So if you know, let get us a tip pls.
>>
>> But thanks anyway.
>>
>> Pavel
>>
>
Previous Topic:myeclipse reporting issue
Next Topic:Need to get record count
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jul 31 05:42:32 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02846 seconds