Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Need to search for specific email addresses within all files in SVN(SVN using Eclipse)
Need to search for specific email addresses within all files in SVN [message #647490] Thu, 06 January 2011 16:27 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I am using Eclipse 3.5.2 and have Subversion installed on it. I also have access to the SVN repository as well. I am trying to setup SVN so that everytime a user checks in a file, we check for specific email addresses and prevent the commit from happening.

I setup a pre-commit hook on the server itself but now what happens is that the commit is prevented but even if I correct the email addresses, the commit still fails. I was using svnlook -diff.

Is there a better way of doing this? I have been reading through all the different svn commands and think that this should be easy to do. What am i missing? The goal is to prevent check in of files that have invalid email addresses.

Thanks.
Re: Need to search for specific email addresses within all files in SVN [message #648148 is a reply to message #647490] Tue, 11 January 2011 13:38 Go to previous message
olly2 Mising name is currently offline olly2 Mising nameFriend
Hi,
a pre commit hook is the right apporach.

Try some

svnlook cat -t TXN | grep blabla

or something like this. Please do not mix up start-commit and pre commit.
Previous Topic:Update SVN Cache locking up?
Next Topic:Unable to locate a login configuration - error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:57:24 GMT 2024