Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » could E4 team change the schedule to make E4 better now(could E4 team change the schedule to make E4 better now)
could E4 team change the schedule to make E4 better now [message #647070] Tue, 04 January 2011 08:16 Go to next message
Albin  is currently offline Albin
I like to use e4 and want to use e4 for my product. but unfortunately the bugs can not be resolved in good time. I have reviewed the plan and found there is big gap between the e4 team and developer, We don't want to waste too much time to debug the e4 platform issue. if e4 is ready, I think we don't need any more for eclipse 3.7.2 or other version.
Re: could E4 team change the schedule to make E4 better now [message #647122 is a reply to message #647070] Tue, 04 January 2011 11:38 Go to previous message
John Arthorne is currently offline John Arthorne
e4 is an incubator - its purpose is to explore new technologies rather than to produce something stable for products. Since there are many different areas of exploration in e4, you may need to elaborate on what part(s) of e4 you are interested in.

If you are referring to Eclipse Platform 4.x stream, that is a different story. This is technology that has graduated from the incubator and the main goal in this development stream is to produce a stable, mature platform. Many developers (including me), use recent 4.1 milestones for all their development, and it is really coming along in maturity. If you haven't tried a recent build, I recommend giving 4.1 M4 a try:

http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/S-4.1M4a-2010121613 05/index.php

The plan for the 4.1 release can be found here:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=htt p://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/eclipse_projec t_plan_4_1.xml

As I said, most of the developers working on it today are focused on "making it better" - more robust, mature, etc. The only way you can speed this up is to contribute... try recent builds, report bugs, submit patches, etc.

john
Previous Topic:Trigger Problems
Next Topic:EPartService is null after hiding a Part
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 30 19:29:43 EDT 2014