Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Linkage Error Seam, JBoss, BIRT(LinkageError when org.apache.xmlbean included in EJB)
Linkage Error Seam, JBoss, BIRT [message #646496] Sat, 25 December 2010 15:35 Go to next message
Robert Morse is currently offline Robert Morse
Messages: 2
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
Hello,
This appears to be related to: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=51532 4&

Environment: JBoss 5.1.0.GA, Seam 2.2.1.CR3, BIRT runtime 2.6.1, jboss-birt-servlet.jar and jboss-seam-birt.jar extracted from JBoss Tools 3.0.3.GA.

Following instructions from here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Seam%28BIRT%29Recipe, and http://www.seamframework.org/Community/BirtIntegrationIntoEx istingSeamProject, I get the exception (shown below) when the report begins to render. My EAR uses org.apache.xmlbeans, and if I remove it from the EJB's lib, then the problem goes away. Appears to be conflicting with the Xerces jars in the JBoss 5.1.0.GA endorsed directory. I'm not sure how to resolve this without finding an alternative to xmlbeans. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stack trace follows:

org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report.
Show Exception Stack Trace
Hide Exception Stack Trace
Stack Trace:
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report.
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.throwDummyException(ReportEngineService.java:1096)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderReport(ReportEngineService.java:1543)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getPage(BirtViewerReportService.java:204)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.doExecution(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:238)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.__execute(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:105)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetPage(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:87)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
   at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
   at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
   at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
   at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
   at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
   at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
   at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
   at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
   at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
   at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:83)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.RewriteFilter.doFilter(RewriteFilter.java:63)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:69)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.LoggingFilter.doFilter(LoggingFilter.java:60)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:69)
   at org.picketlink.identity.seam.federation.ExternalAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(ExternalAuthenticationFilter.java:134)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:69)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.IdentityFilter.doFilter(IdentityFilter.java:40)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:69)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:73)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.ExceptionFilter.doFilter(ExceptionFilter.java:64)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:69)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.java:45)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:69)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:73)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:73)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.ContextFilter$1.process(ContextFilter.java:42)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.ContextualHttpServletRequest.run(ContextualHttpServletRequest.java:65)
   at org.jboss.seam.web.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:37)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:69)
   at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:158)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
   at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
   at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)
   at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
   at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:92)
   at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)
   at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
   at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
   at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)
   at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
   at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report.
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:308)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderReport(ReportEngineService.java:1537)
... 78 more
Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation in interface itable initialization: when resolving method "org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.getDomConfig()Lorg/w3c/dom/DOMConfiguration;" the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) of the current class, org/apache/xerces/dom/CoreDocumentImpl, and the class loader (instance of ) for interface org/w3c/dom/Document have different Class objects for the type org/w3c/dom/DOMConfiguration used in the signature
   at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.newDocument(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.HTMLTextParser.parseHTML(HTMLTextParser.java:140)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.TextParser.parse(TextParser.java:111)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html.HTMLReportEmitter.outputHtmlText(HTMLReportEmitter.java:2610)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html.HTMLReportEmitter.startForeign(HTMLReportEmitter.java:2587)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ContentEmitterUtil.startContent(ContentEmitterUtil.java:77)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.buffer.DummyPageBuffer.startContent(DummyPageBuffer.java:125)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLLeafItemLM.start(HTMLLeafItemLM.java:67)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:139)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:90)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:99)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRangeRender.render(RenderTask.java:662)
   at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:284)
... 79 more
Re: Linkage Error Seam, JBoss, BIRT [message #646559 is a reply to message #646496] Mon, 27 December 2010 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

If you remove the Xerces jar from the JBoss endorsed directory what happens?

Jason

On 12/25/2010 10:35 AM, Robert Morse wrote:
> Hello,
> This appears to be related to:
> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=51532 4&
>
> Environment: JBoss 5.1.0.GA, Seam 2.2.1.CR3, BIRT runtime 2.6.1,
> jboss-birt-servlet.jar and jboss-seam-birt.jar extracted from JBoss
> Tools 3.0.3.GA.
>
> Following instructions from here:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Seam%28BIRT%29Recipe, and
> http://www.seamframework.org/Community/BirtIntegrationIntoEx istingSeamProject,
> I get the exception (shown below) when the report begins to render. My
> EAR uses org.apache.xmlbeans, and if I remove it from the EJB's lib,
> then the problem goes away. Appears to be conflicting with the Xerces
> jars in the JBoss 5.1.0.GA endorsed directory. I'm not sure how to
> resolve this without finding an alternative to xmlbeans. Any suggestions
> would be appreciated.
>
> Stack trace follows:
>
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error
> happened while running the report.
> Show Exception Stack Trace
> Hide Exception Stack Trace
> Stack Trace:
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error
> happened while running the report.
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.throwDum myException(ReportEngineService.java:1096)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderRe port(ReportEngineService.java:1543)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getP age(BirtViewerReportService.java:204)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPag eActionHandler.doExecution(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java :238)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPag eActionHandler.__execute(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:1 05)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseAc tionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDoc umentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor .java:47)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseCom ponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor .java:143)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentPro cessor.handleGetPage(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:87)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseCom ponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java: 112)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingI mpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCP rovider.java:397)
>
> at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RP CProvider.java:186)
>
> at
> org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvi der.java:323)
> at
> org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(Invocati onStrategy.java:32)
>
> at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
> at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
> at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService .java:454)
> at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281 )
> at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServle t.java:699)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherSer vlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
>
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
> at
> org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisS ervletBase.java:327)
>
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherSer vlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:206)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerF ilter.java:68)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:206)
>
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:83)
>
> at org.jboss.seam.web.RewriteFilter.doFilter(RewriteFilter.java :63)
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:69)
>
> at org.jboss.seam.web.LoggingFilter.doFilter(LoggingFilter.java :60)
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:69)
>
> at
> org.picketlink.identity.seam.federation.ExternalAuthenticati onFilter.doFilter(ExternalAuthenticationFilter.java:134)
>
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:69)
>
> at org.jboss.seam.web.IdentityFilter.doFilter(IdentityFilter.ja va:40)
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:69)
>
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:73)
>
> at org.jboss.seam.web.ExceptionFilter.doFilter(ExceptionFilter. java:64)
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:69)
>
> at org.jboss.seam.web.RedirectFilter.doFilter(RedirectFilter.ja va:45)
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:69)
>
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:73)
>
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:73)
>
> at org.jboss.seam.web.ContextFilter$1.process(ContextFilter.jav a:42)
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.ContextualHttpServletRequest.run(Cont extualHttpServletRequest.java:65)
>
> at org.jboss.seam.web.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java :37)
> at
> org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter$FilterChainImpl.doFilter(S eamFilter.java:69)
>
> at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter.doFilter(SeamFilter.java:1 58)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:206)
>
> at
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(Repl yHeaderFilter.java:96)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:206)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Standar dWrapperValve.java:235)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Standar dContextValve.java:191)
>
> at
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invok e(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(A uthenticatorBase.java:433)
>
> at
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccCo ntextValve.java:92)
>
> at
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentVa lve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)
>
> at
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentVa lve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHo stValve.java:127)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorRepo rtValve.java:102)
>
> at
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invok e(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Standard EngineValve.java:109)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAd apter.java:330)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Proce ssor.java:829)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHand ler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
>
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoin t.java:447)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
> Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error
> happened while running the report.
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(Re nderTask.java:308)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderRe port(ReportEngineService.java:1537)
>
> ... 78 more
> Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation in
> interface itable initialization: when resolving method
> " org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.getDomConfig()Lorg/w3 c/dom/DOMConfiguration; "
> the class loader (instance of
> org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) of the current
> class, org/apache/xerces/dom/CoreDocumentImpl, and the class loader
> (instance of ) for interface org/w3c/dom/Document have different Class
> objects for the type org/w3c/dom/DOMConfiguration used in the signature
> at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.newDocument(Unkno wn Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.HTMLTextParser.parseHT ML(HTMLTextParser.java:140)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.TextParser.parse(TextP arser.java:111)
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html.HTMLReportEmitte r.outputHtmlText(HTMLReportEmitter.java:2610)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html.HTMLReportEmitte r.startForeign(HTMLReportEmitter.java:2587)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.ContentEmitterUtil.st artContent(ContentEmitterUtil.java:77)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.buffer.DummyPageB uffer.startContent(DummyPageBuffer.java:125)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLLeafItemLM.st art(HTMLLeafItemLM.java:67)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.la yout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:139)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStacking LM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:70)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout (HTMLPageLM.java:90)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutE ngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:99)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRange Render.render(RenderTask.java:662)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(Re nderTask.java:284)
>
> ... 79 more
>
Re: Linkage Error Seam, JBoss, BIRT [message #646581 is a reply to message #646559] Tue, 28 December 2010 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Morse is currently offline Robert Morse
Messages: 2
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
I'm not sure. It's not a viable option for me because I need the app to deploy in a standard JBoss deployment. I got around the issue by replacing xmlbeans with JAXB, so I seem to be okay for now. When I get a chance, I'll rollback my changes, re-deploy with Xerces removed and let you know what happens.

Thank you for replying to my post.
Re: Linkage Error Seam, JBoss, BIRT [message #804124 is a reply to message #646581] Wed, 22 February 2012 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nilotpal Barman is currently offline Nilotpal Barman
Messages: 3
Registered: February 2012
Junior Member
Hi Robert,Jason,

I am facing the same issue.
Can u guys please help me in getting rid of the problem.
My application makes use of BIRT runtime 2.6.1 and I am deploying the application in JBOSS GA 5.1.0. Please help me out.

Regards,
Nilotpal
Re: Linkage Error Seam, JBoss, BIRT [message #804393 is a reply to message #804124] Wed, 22 February 2012 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Did you remove the Xerces jar?

Jason

On 2/22/2012 3:24 AM, Nilotpal Barman wrote:
> Hi Robert,Jason,
>
> I am facing the same issue.
> Can u guys please help me in getting rid of the problem.
> My application makes use of BIRT runtime 2.6.1 and I am deploying the
> application in JBOSS GA 5.1.0. Please help me out.
>
> Regards,
> Nilotpal
Re: Linkage Error Seam, JBoss, BIRT [message #804955 is a reply to message #804393] Thu, 23 February 2012 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nilotpal Barman is currently offline Nilotpal Barman
Messages: 3
Registered: February 2012
Junior Member
Jason Weathersby wrote on Wed, 22 February 2012 10:19
Did you remove the Xerces jar?

Jason


Hi Jason,

I removed xercesImpl.jar from lib/endorsed and tried again.
Please find the error log attached.

Regards
Nilotpal

  • Attachment: error.log
    (Size: 29.72KB, Downloaded 93 times)
Re: Linkage Error Seam, JBoss, BIRT [message #805044 is a reply to message #804955] Thu, 23 February 2012 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nilotpal Barman is currently offline Nilotpal Barman
Messages: 3
Registered: February 2012
Junior Member
Nilotpal Barman wrote on Thu, 23 February 2012 02:20
Jason Weathersby wrote on Wed, 22 February 2012 10:19
Did you remove the Xerces jar?

Jason


Hi Jason,

I removed xercesImpl.jar from lib/endorsed and tried again.
Please find the error log attached.

Regards
Nilotpal



Hi Jason,

I could get around this problem.
In my application war file, I had two jars containing DOMConfiguration.class.
I removed that class from one jar. And it worked for me.
I didn't have to remove Xerces jar from JBOSS lib.

Thanks and regards,
Nilotpal Barman
Re: Linkage Error Seam, JBoss, BIRT [message #805484 is a reply to message #804955] Thu, 23 February 2012 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

What happens if you leave the one in endorsed but remove the
org.apache.xerces_version plugin from birt?

Jason

On 2/23/2012 2:20 AM, Nilotpal Barman wrote:
> Jason Weathersby wrote on Wed, 22 February 2012 10:19
>> Did you remove the Xerces jar?
>>
>> Jason
>
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> I removed xercesImpl.jar from lib/endorsed and tried again.
> Please find the error log attached.
>
> Regards
> Nilotpal
>
>
Re: Linkage Error Seam, JBoss, BIRT [message #805517 is a reply to message #805044] Thu, 23 February 2012 21:25 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Good to read.

On 2/23/2012 4:19 AM, Nilotpal Barman wrote:
> Nilotpal Barman wrote on Thu, 23 February 2012 02:20
>> Jason Weathersby wrote on Wed, 22 February 2012 10:19
>> > Did you remove the Xerces jar?
>> > > Jason
>>
>>
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> I removed xercesImpl.jar from lib/endorsed and tried again.
>> Please find the error log attached.
>>
>> Regards
>> Nilotpal
>
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> I could get around this problem.
> In my application war file, I had two jars containing
> DOMConfiguration.class.
> I removed that class from one jar. And it worked for me.
> I didn't have to remove Xerces jar from JBOSS lib.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Nilotpal Barman
Previous Topic:BIRT bar chart report shutting down weblogic server
Next Topic:[solved] NullPointerException Platform.getOS( ) in Standalone App
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Oct 20 13:05:33 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01855 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software