Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » GEF3D » Errors while installing GEF3D on eclipse  () 1 Vote
Errors while installing GEF3D on eclipse [message #646422] Thu, 23 December 2010 22:34 Go to next message
psuedopoda  is currently offline psuedopoda Friend
hi,I am done with these steps of installation but I am still unknown of how to start using it. My eclipse now consists of all the folders of draw3d, draw3dgeometry,graphics3d and many others its still giving me errors in folder 'org.eclipse.gef3d.gmf' for the java class 'GMFNotatationAdapter.java' at the following line import org.eclipse.emf.ecore.EObject; because there is no structure like this.I am afraid that I directory structure on this site is not the updated one and therefore I am getting errors in the imports of various types
Re: Errors while installing GEF3D on eclipse [message #646426 is a reply to message #646422] Fri, 24 December 2010 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens von Pilgrim is currently offline Jens von PilgrimFriend
As long as you do not want to use the UML2Editor3D or the EcoreEditor3D
(both part of the examples), you do not have to install or use
o.e.gef3d.gmf. It seems as if you haven't installed the modeling package
of Eclipse. I would recommend to download the modeling package (still
Eclipse 3.5:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-modeling-t ools-includes-incubating-components/galileosr2),
which includes EMF and GMF -- in that case everything should at least
compile. Anyway, you should be able to start a new Eclipse instance and
run the Graph3D example, as this is not affected by the GMF/EMF stuff.

Cheers,

Jens
Re: Errors while installing GEF3D on eclipse [message #646630 is a reply to message #646422] Wed, 29 December 2010 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You may have a look at http://wiki.eclipse.org/GEF3D_Run_Examples as well.

Cheers,
Jens
Re: Errors while installing GEF3D on eclipse [message #646688 is a reply to message #646630] Thu, 30 December 2010 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abhishek  is currently offline Abhishek Friend
Hi Jens,

Thanks for your help. We were able to install and compile all sources successfully.

However, one problem still persists.

We followed the steps for running a sample GEF3D example as mentioned in the link provided by you(http://wiki.eclipse.org/GEF3D_Run_Examples)

On the GEF3D Graph example wizard,
when we click finish, the wizard doesn't get closed and on the console we get following warning:

"
Dec 29, 2010 10:05:03 PM org.eclipse.draw3d.DeferredUpdateManager3D repairDamage
WARNING: repairDamage called, but canvas is null. Hint: call LightweightSystem.setControl(..)
"

Because of this we still can't see the GEF3D example running on eclipse. Please suggest what can be possible reason.

Thanks,
Abhishek Gupta
Re: Errors while installing GEF3D on eclipse [message #663028 is a reply to message #646688] Sat, 02 April 2011 11:41 Go to previous message
Although this topic is a little older: This problem may be solved with
the latest LWJGL version (2.7.1) available at the LWJGL update site.

Cheers,

Jens
Previous Topic:Dirty workaround fixes problem with Draw2D 3.6, GEF3D should now work with GEF 3.6
Next Topic:Engilish version of GEF goes 3D Teil2 and Teil3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:19:37 GMT 2024