|Do you have any interest in a opensource feature to preconfigure distributions [message #646343]
||Thu, 23 December 2010 12:26
|| Markus Oley
Registered: July 2009
Hi to all,|
we implemented a feature called E.D. (Eclipse Distributor) for our company to have the possibility to handle more developer-groups with different needs of how eclipse is configured. We could imagine to contribute this complete feature as an opensource eclipse-project.
Please answer if you have needs for such a part of software and what we have to do to get part of eclipse.
Following a short descriptions of the already implemented features (many other features are planned):
The distributor is a eclipse-feature which can be used to define preconfigured distributions. For example, if you want to offer a Eclipse with a company-codestyle, a preconfigured findbugs and your cvs-repositories installed, you can use director to automatically build them.
The main features are currently (more features are planned in the future):
- Define different distributions for different recipients and different operationsystems
- Editor to define the parts of distributions
- Define one base-distribution per distribution to download
- Define any number of plugins per distribution to be added (using p2 - director)
- Define any number of additional settings per distribution automatically installed or installed after clicking on a menuentry in mainmenu.
- Define any number of additional preconfigurations per distribution like initial memory-settings in eclipse.ini
- Derive distributions from another distribution. So if you need a base-distribution A and one distribution B with additional plugins or settings you can derive them, what means that you have to define the parts which are contained in any distribution only once
- Automatically create an inhouse-mirror according to the model to avoid dependencies to internet (using b3 aggregator)
- Upload mirror and distributions on a ftp-server you can configure
- Call building of distributions headless. You can use hudson or any other buildserver
- Preconfigure cvs-repositories, codeformatting, encoding, editorpreferences, all available jdks from one basedirectory, checkstyle, savections. proxysettings
I think eclipse has many very good mechanisms to get a preconfigured eclipse like you get with yoxos, but there is not yet and all together-solution for a enduser...
perhaps this could close the gap...
Wish you merry christmas
[Updated on: Thu, 23 December 2010 12:30]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02289 seconds