Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!!
BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644132] Thu, 09 December 2010 15:57 Go to next message
osuwariboy Mising name is currently offline osuwariboy Mising nameFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
Hi all,

I'm currently designing reports using BIRT but all of my frontend interface is in PHP. Since those reports are all accessible via the Web through an HTTPS connection, using the solution presented here is not an option:

http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/usingPHP.php

"http:localhost:8080" does not work over the internet and even if it did, I'd end up losing my secured connection anyway since control would then jump to Tomcat which is unsecured.

This is why I ended up using phpjavabridge which calls the reports from PHP and consequently my Apache server which IS secured. There's no other way to put it but that it was a nightmare to setup until I've stumbled upon this thread:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=49139 4&

That successfully solved my problem... until recently where BIRT decided to upgrade their report engine and all of the new reports decided to stop working with the error:
[[o:Exception]:"java.lang.Exception: Invoke failed: [[o:RunAndRenderTask]]->run. Cause: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report. VM: 1.6.0_22@http://java.sun.com/" at: #-29 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:199) #-28 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:75) #-27 sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) #-26 sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) #-25 sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) #-24 java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) #-23 php.java.bridge.JavaBridge.Invoke(JavaBridge.java:990) #-22 php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequest(Request.java:415) #-21 php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequests(Request.java:491) #-20 php.java.servlet.PhpJavaServlet.handleHttpConnection(PhpJavaServlet.java:170) #-19 php.java.servlet.PhpJavaServlet.handlePut(PhpJavaServlet.java:186) #-18 php.java.servlet.PhpJavaServlet.doPut(PhpJavaServlet.java:195) #-17 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:640) #-16 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) #-15 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) #-14 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) #-13 php.java.servlet.PhpCGIFilter.doFilter(PhpCGIFilter.java:126) #-12 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) #-11 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) #-10 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) #-9 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) #-8 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) #-7 org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) #-6 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) #-5 org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298) #-4 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857) #-3 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588) #-2 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489) #-1 java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) #0 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(230): java_ThrowExceptionProxyFactory->getProxy(14, '@V', 'T', true) #1 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(356): java_Arg->getResult(true) #2 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(362): java_Client->getWrappedResult(true) #3 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(554): java_Client->getResult() #4 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1711): java_Client->invokeMethod(7, 'run', Array) #5 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1810): java_JavaProxy->__call('run', Array) #6 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1958): java_AbstractJava->__call('run', Array) #7 [internal function]: Java->__call('run', Array) #8 C:\Program Files\EasyPHP-5.3.2i\www\timesheets\rapportsall.php(339): java_InternalJava->run() #9 {main}] 


Which essentially means nothing and everything at once. So, I tried upgrading the engine following the same steps I followed initially (replacing all of the jar in the lib directory except a select few)... and nothing. Same problem.

A new version of javabridge conveniently shows up, I decided to try this one... same mistake. Upgrade the BIRT enging... same mistake.

I've tried the three versions of Tomcat available... same result. I just don't know what to do anymore. All I want is for my reports to be accessible via the web through a secure connection with a PHP frontend. Is it really THAT complicated to accomplish?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any suggestion you people might have.

Osu
Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644157 is a reply to message #644132] Thu, 09 December 2010 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

What version of the Designer are you using? What version of BIRT
runtime did you update to? Can you list the jars that are in the
WEB-INF/lib

Jason

On 12/9/2010 10:57 AM, osuwariboy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently designing reports using BIRT but all of my frontend
> interface is in PHP. Since those reports are all accessible via the Web
> through an HTTPS connection, using the solution presented here is not an
> option:
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/usingPHP.php
>
> "http:localhost:8080" does not work over the internet and even if it
> did, I'd end up losing my secured connection anyway since control would
> then jump to Tomcat which is unsecured.
>
> This is why I ended up using phpjavabridge which calls the reports from
> PHP and consequently my Apache server which IS secured. There's no other
> way to put it but that it was a nightmare to setup until I've stumbled
> upon this thread:
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=49139 4&
> That successfully solved my problem... until recently where BIRT decided
> to upgrade their report engine and all of the new reports decided to
> stop working with the error:
>
> [[o:Exception]:"java.lang.Exception: Invoke failed:
> [[o:RunAndRenderTask]]->run. Cause:
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while
> running the report. VM: 1.6.0_22@http://java.sun.com/" at: #-29
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doR un(RunAndRenderTask.java:199)
> #-28
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run (RunAndRenderTask.java:75)
> #-27 sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) #-26
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) #-25
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) #-24
> java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) #-23
> php.java.bridge.JavaBridge.Invoke(JavaBridge.java:990) #-22
> php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequest(Request.java:415) #-21
> php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequests(Request.java:491) #-20
> php.java.servlet.PhpJavaServlet.handleHttpConnection(PhpJava Servlet.java:170)
> #-19 php.java.servlet.PhpJavaServlet.handlePut(PhpJavaServlet.jav a:186)
> #-18 php.java.servlet.PhpJavaServlet.doPut(PhpJavaServlet.java:19 5) #-17
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:640) #-16
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) #-15
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
> #-14
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:206)
> #-13 php.java.servlet.PhpCGIFilter.doFilter(PhpCGIFilter.java:126 ) #-12
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFi lter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
> #-11
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(App licationFilterChain.java:206)
> #-10
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Standar dWrapperValve.java:233)
> #-9
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Standar dContextValve.java:191)
> #-8
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHo stValve.java:127)
> #-7
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorRepo rtValve.java:102)
> #-6
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Standard EngineValve.java:109)
> #-5
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAd apter.java:298)
> #-4
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Proce ssor.java:857)
> #-3
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHand ler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
> #-2
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoin t.java:489)
> #-1 java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) #0 C:\Program Files\Apache
> Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(230):
> java_ThrowExceptionProxyFactory->getProxy(14, '@V', 'T', true) #1
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(356): java_Arg->getResult(true) #2
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(362):
> java_Client->getWrappedResult(true) #3 C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(554):
> java_Client->getResult() #4 C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1711):
> java_Client->invokeMethod(7, 'run', Array) #5 C:\Program Files\Apache
> Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1810):
> java_JavaProxy->__call('run', Array) #6 C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1958):
> java_AbstractJava->__call('run', Array) #7 [internal function]:
> Java->__call('run', Array) #8 C:\Program
> Files\EasyPHP-5.3.2i\www\timesheets\rapportsall.php(339):
> java_InternalJava->run() #9 {main}]
>
> Which essentially means nothing and everything at once. So, I tried
> upgrading the engine following the same steps I followed initially
> (replacing all of the jar in the lib directory except a select few)...
> and nothing. Same problem.
>
> A new version of javabridge conveniently shows up, I decided to try this
> one... same mistake. Upgrade the BIRT enging... same mistake.
>
> I've tried the three versions of Tomcat available... same result. I just
> don't know what to do anymore. All I want is for my reports to be
> accessible via the web through a secure connection with a PHP frontend.
> Is it really THAT complicated to accomplish?
>
> Anyway, thanks in advance for any suggestion you people might have.
>
> Osu
Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644173 is a reply to message #644157] Thu, 09 December 2010 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
osuwariboy Mising name is currently offline osuwariboy Mising nameFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
The designer is Eclipse:

Version: Helios Service Release 1
Build id: 20100917-0705

BIRT runtime from 2.6.0 to 2.6.1
Tomcat 6.0 (though every version gives me the same answer)
javabridge from 5.?.? (sorry lost version number) to 6.2.1
Jar files:

birtEngine.jar
chartengineapi.jar
chartexamplescoreapi.jar
chartitemapi.jar
com.ibm.icu_4.2.1.v20100412.jar
commons-cli-1.0.jar
coreapi.jar
crosstabcoreapi.jar
dataadapterapi.jar
dataaggregationapi.jar
dataextraction.jar
documentBeanClient.jar
dteapi.jar
emitterconfig.jar
engineapi.jar
flute.jar
itext.jar
JavaBridge.jar
js.jar
lucene.jar
modelapi.jar
modelodaapi.jar
numberGuess.jar
odadesignapi.jar
org.apache.commons.codec_1.3.0.v20100518-1140.jar
org.eclipse.emf.common_2.6.0.v20100607-0756.jar
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi_2.5.0.v20100521-1846.jar
org.eclipse.emf.ecore_2.6.0.v20100607-0756.jar
org.w3c.css.sac_1.3.0.v200805290154.jar
php-script.jar
php-servlet.jar
poi.jar
scriptapi.jar
script-api.jar

Those are all the default files given with JavaBridge. I noticed that jaxrpc.jar is missing, but adding it from my old installation doesn't do anything.

As I said, any sort of help would be greatly appreciated since I've been at this for almost a week now and I'm getting understandably irritated.

Anyway, thanks in advance Smile.

Osu

[Updated on: Thu, 09 December 2010 18:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644181 is a reply to message #644173] Thu, 09 December 2010 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Can you look at this directory
webapps\JavaBridge\WEB-INF\platform\plugins

And post the version of the org.eclipse.birt.core plugin?

Also can you run the url

http://localhost:8080/JavaBridge/BirtIndex.jsp?
If so try running one of the reports.

Jason

On 12/9/2010 1:28 PM, osuwariboy wrote:
> The designer is:
>
> Version: Helios Service Release 1
> Build id: 20100917-0705
>
> BIRT runtime from 2.6.0 to 2.6.1
> Tomcat 6.0 (though every version gives me the same answer)
> javabridge from 5.?.? (sorry lost version number) to 6.2.1
> Jar files:
>
> birtEngine.jar
> chartengineapi.jar
> chartexamplescoreapi.jar
> chartitemapi.jar
> com.ibm.icu_4.2.1.v20100412.jar
> commons-cli-1.0.jar
> coreapi.jar
> crosstabcoreapi.jar
> dataadapterapi.jar
> dataaggregationapi.jar
> dataextraction.jar
> documentBeanClient.jar
> dteapi.jar
> emitterconfig.jar
> engineapi.jar
> flute.jar
> itext.jar
> JavaBridge.jar
> js.jar
> lucene.jar
> modelapi.jar
> modelodaapi.jar
> numberGuess.jar
> odadesignapi.jar
> org.apache.commons.codec_1.3.0.v20100518-1140.jar
> org.eclipse.emf.common_2.6.0.v20100607-0756.jar
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi_2.5.0.v20100521-1846.jar
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore_2.6.0.v20100607-0756.jar
> org.w3c.css.sac_1.3.0.v200805290154.jar
> php-script.jar
> php-servlet.jar
> poi.jar
> scriptapi.jar
> script-api.jar
>
> Those are all the default files given with JavaBridge. I noticed that
> jaxrpc.jar is missing, but adding it from my old installation doesn't do
> anything.
>
> As I said, any sort of help would be greatly appreciated since I've been
> at this for almost a week now and I'm getting understandably irritated.
>
> Anyway, thanks in advance :).
>
> Osu
Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644183 is a reply to message #644181] Thu, 09 December 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
osuwariboy Mising name is currently offline osuwariboy Mising nameFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
I've tried running all of the reports available at:

http://localhost:8080/JavaBridge/BirtIndex.jsp

All of them open successfully, though I checked the files themselves and the engine version listed in the .rptdesign file is 3.2.21 while the latest engine I'm trying to use is 3.2.22

Also, here's the version of the core:

org.eclipse.birt.core_2.6.0.v20100526.jar

If I check the corresponding folder inside the BIRT runtime package, I notice most of the jar files are more recent than those listed in the javabridge folder. Example:

org.eclipse.birt.core_2.6.1.v20100819.jar

Should I try and upgrade this folder too? And if so, what files should I modify?

Thanks again

Osu
Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644189 is a reply to message #644183] Thu, 09 December 2010 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Sounds like you did not update the plugins folder. Remove all the
plugins from the plugins folder and replace them with the runtime
download reportengine/plugins. Also delete everything in the
configuration directory but the config.ini.

Jason

On 12/9/2010 2:21 PM, osuwariboy wrote:
> I've tried running all of the reports available at:
>
> http://localhost:8080/JavaBridge/BirtIndex.jsp
>
> All of them open successfully, though I checked the files themselves and
> the engine version listed in the .rptdesign file is 3.2.21 while the
> latest engine I'm trying to use is 3.2.22
>
> Also, here's the version of the core:
>
> org.eclipse.birt.core_2.6.0.v20100526.jar
>
> If I check the corresponding folder inside the BIRT runtime package, I
> notice most of the jar files are more recent than those listed in the
> javabridge folder. Example:
>
> org.eclipse.birt.core_2.6.1.v20100819.jar
>
> Should I try and upgrade this folder too? And if so, what files should I
> modify?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Osu
Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644190 is a reply to message #644189] Thu, 09 December 2010 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
osuwariboy Mising name is currently offline osuwariboy Mising nameFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
I've done as instructed, but I get this error this time around:


[[o:Exception]:"java.lang.Exception: Invoke failed: [[o:ReportEngine]]->openReportDesign((o:String)[o:String]). Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException VM: 1.6.0_22@http://java.sun.com/" at: #-16 org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.DesignEngine.newSessionHandle(DesignEngine.java:108) #-15 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.ReportParser.getDesignHandle(ReportParser.java:143) #-14 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.getReportDesignHandle(ReportEngineHelper.java:255) #-13 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:274) #-12 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:196) #-11 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:130) #-10 org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDesign(ReportEngine.java:295) #-9 sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) #-8 sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) #-7 sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) #-6 java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) #-5 php.java.bridge.JavaBridge.Invoke(JavaBridge.java:1044) #-4 php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequest(Request.java:417) #-3 php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequests(Request.java:500) #-2 php.java.bridge.http.ContextRunner.run(ContextRunner.java:145) #-1 php.java.bridge.ThreadPool$Delegate.run(ThreadPool.java:60) #0 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(232): java_ThrowExceptionProxyFactory->getProxy(6, '@V', 'T', true) #1 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(360): java_Arg->getResult(true) #2 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(366): java_Client->getWrappedResult(true) #3 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(560): java_Client->getResult() #4 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1752): java_Client->invokeMethod(4, 'openReportDesig...', Array) #5 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1851): java_JavaProxy->__call('openReportDesig...', Array) #6 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1999): java_AbstractJava->__call('openReportDesig...', Array) #7 [internal function]: Java->__call('openReportDesig...', Array) #8 C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\PhpRunAndRenderHTML.php(24): java_InternalJava->openReportDesign('C:\Program File...') #9 {main}]



It's almost like Javabridge cannot cope with the filenames having changed from one version to the other.

Is there a place where one can upgrade these references?
Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644204 is a reply to message #644190] Thu, 09 December 2010 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Does the jsp page work?

Jason

On 12/9/2010 2:49 PM, osuwariboy wrote:
> I've done as instructed, but I get this error this time around:
>
>
>
> [[o:Exception]:"java.lang.Exception: Invoke failed:
> [[o:ReportEngine]]->openReportDesign((o:String)[o:String]). Cause:
> java.lang.NullPointerException VM: 1.6.0_22@http://java.sun.com/" at:
> #-16
> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.DesignEngine.newSessionHan dle(DesignEngine.java:108)
> #-15
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.ReportParser.getDesign Handle(ReportParser.java:143)
> #-14
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.g etReportDesignHandle(ReportEngineHelper.java:255)
> #-13
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.o penReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:274)
> #-12
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.o penReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:196)
> #-11
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.o penReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:130)
> #-10
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openRep ortDesign(ReportEngine.java:295)
> #-9 sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) #-8
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) #-7
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) #-6
> java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) #-5
> php.java.bridge.JavaBridge.Invoke(JavaBridge.java:1044) #-4
> php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequest(Request.java:417) #-3
> php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequests(Request.java:500) #-2
> php.java.bridge.http.ContextRunner.run(ContextRunner.java:14 5) #-1
> php.java.bridge.ThreadPool$Delegate.run(ThreadPool.java:60) #0
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(232):
> java_ThrowExceptionProxyFactory->getProxy(6, '@V', 'T', true) #1
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(360): java_Arg->getResult(true) #2
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(366):
> java_Client->getWrappedResult(true) #3 C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(560):
> java_Client->getResult() #4 C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1752):
> java_Client->invokeMethod(4, 'openReportDesig...', Array) #5 C:\Program
> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1851):
> java_JavaProxy->__call('openReportDesig...', Array) #6 C:\Program
> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1999):
> java_AbstractJava->__call('openReportDesig...', Array) #7 [internal
> function]: Java->__call('openReportDesig...', Array) #8 C:\Program
> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\PhpRunAndRenderHTML.php(24):
> java_InternalJava->openReportDesign('C:\Program File...') #9 {main}]
>
>
>
> It's almost like Javabridge cannot cope with the filenames having
> changed from one version to the other.
>
> Is there a place where one can upgrade these references?
>
Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644205 is a reply to message #644204] Thu, 09 December 2010 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Also verify that you did not leave the javabridge.war in the webapps
directory of tomcat.

Jason

On 12/9/2010 4:50 PM, Jason Weathersby wrote:
> Does the jsp page work?
>
> Jason
>
> On 12/9/2010 2:49 PM, osuwariboy wrote:
>> I've done as instructed, but I get this error this time around:
>>
>>
>>
>> [[o:Exception]:"java.lang.Exception: Invoke failed:
>> [[o:ReportEngine]]->openReportDesign((o:String)[o:String]). Cause:
>> java.lang.NullPointerException VM: 1.6.0_22@http://java.sun.com/" at:
>> #-16
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.DesignEngine.newSessionHan dle(DesignEngine.java:108)
>>
>> #-15
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.ReportParser.getDesign Handle(ReportParser.java:143)
>>
>> #-14
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.g etReportDesignHandle(ReportEngineHelper.java:255)
>>
>> #-13
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.o penReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:274)
>>
>> #-12
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.o penReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:196)
>>
>> #-11
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.o penReportDesign(ReportEngineHelper.java:130)
>>
>> #-10
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openRep ortDesign(ReportEngine.java:295)
>>
>> #-9 sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) #-8
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) #-7
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) #-6
>> java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) #-5
>> php.java.bridge.JavaBridge.Invoke(JavaBridge.java:1044) #-4
>> php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequest(Request.java:417) #-3
>> php.java.bridge.Request.handleRequests(Request.java:500) #-2
>> php.java.bridge.http.ContextRunner.run(ContextRunner.java:14 5) #-1
>> php.java.bridge.ThreadPool$Delegate.run(ThreadPool.java:60) #0
>> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
>> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(232):
>> java_ThrowExceptionProxyFactory->getProxy(6, '@V', 'T', true) #1
>> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
>> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(360): java_Arg->getResult(true) #2
>> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
>> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(366):
>> java_Client->getWrappedResult(true) #3 C:\Program Files\Apache Software
>> Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(560):
>> java_Client->getResult() #4 C:\Program Files\Apache Software
>> Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1752):
>> java_Client->invokeMethod(4, 'openReportDesig...', Array) #5 C:\Program
>> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
>> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1851):
>> java_JavaProxy->__call('openReportDesig...', Array) #6 C:\Program
>> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
>> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\java\Java.inc(1999):
>> java_AbstractJava->__call('openReportDesig...', Array) #7 [internal
>> function]: Java->__call('openReportDesig...', Array) #8 C:\Program
>> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
>> 6.0\webapps\JavaBridge\PhpRunAndRenderHTML.php(24):
>> java_InternalJava->openReportDesign('C:\Program File...') #9 {main}]
>>
>>
>>
>> It's almost like Javabridge cannot cope with the filenames having
>> changed from one version to the other.
>>
>> Is there a place where one can upgrade these references?
>>
>
Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644333 is a reply to message #644205] Fri, 10 December 2010 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
osuwariboy Mising name is currently offline osuwariboy Mising nameFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
Jason Weathersby... you are my savior!!!!!!! For people who will read this in the future, here is exactly what I did (assuming you already have the necessary BIRT runtime downloaded, that is):

1) Stop Tomcat

2) Flush any JavaBridge already in place (actually moving the JavaBridge folder into another dummy directory is recommended here)

3) Put the new JavaBridge.war file in the webapps directory of Tomcat

4) Restart Tomcat and let it decompress the .war file, it should create a new directory

5) Stop Tomcat

6) Move the JavaBridge.war file away from the webapps directory to prevent any future interference

7) Locate the JavaBridge/WEB-INF/lib directory of your JavaBridge (normally, the first file inside should be BirtEngine.jar) and rename it however you please (in my case, I merely renamed it lib_old)

8 ) Next, decompress your BIRT runtime into a folder and locate the ReportEngine/lib directory inside. Then, copy it at the location found in step 7 (normally, you should have lib and lib_old along with a few other folders if you follow my naming convention)

9)Next, from your lib_old folder, copy the following files in the new lib folder:

birtEngine.jar
JavaBridge.jar
jaxrpc.jar (this one was actually removed from the JavaBridge 6.2.1, but I haven't encountered any problems even if it isn't there... bottom line, if you have it, take it, if you don't then just ignore it)
lucene.jar
php-script.jar
php-servlet.jar
script-api.jar

10) Next go to the JavaBridge/WEB-INF/platform and you should see a "plugins" directory. Rename that "plugins_old"

11) From your BIRT runtime decompressed folder, grab the ReportEngine/plugins folder and copy it in the location found at step 10

12) Now, enter your new plugins folder and locate a folder that should be named something like:

org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_version (where "version" is something that will change, for me it was 2.6.1.v20100909)

13) Inside, you should find a "driver" folder that should only contain a readme.txt file. What you need to do here is download a jdbc connector jar file and put it there. I myself used the same one that I used with my version of Eclipse.

What I did personally was go to my folder:
eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.1. v20100909\drivers

and copy the "mysql-connector-java-5.1.12-bin.jar" I found there into the folder mentioned at step 12

Once I did that and subsequently restarted Tomcat... everything was fine and dandy. Keep in mind of course that the version of your connector might change, but I don't think it really matters.

I really have to thank Jason again for his invaluable help in setting everything up. I never would have done it without his help.

Good luck with JavaBridge everyone and thanks Jason

Osu
Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644352 is a reply to message #644333] Fri, 10 December 2010 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Thanks For posting your howto description.

Jason

On 12/10/2010 10:17 AM, osuwariboy wrote:
> Jason Weathersby... you are my savior!!!!!!! For people who will read
> this in the future, here is exactly what I did (assuming you already
> have the necessary BIRT runtime downloaded, that is):
>
> 1) Stop Tomcat
>
> 2) Flush any JavaBridge already in place (actually moving the JavaBridge
> folder into another dummy directory is recommended here)
>
> 3) Put the new JavaBridge.war file in the webapps directory of Tomcat
>
> 4) Restart Tomcat and let it decompress the .war file, it should create
> a new directory
>
> 5) Stop Tomcat
>
> 6) Move the JavaBridge.war file away from the webapps directory to
> prevent any future interference
>
> 7) Locate the JavaBridge/WEB-INF/lib directory of your JavaBridge
> (normally, the first file inside should be BirtEngine.jar) and rename it
> however you please (in my case, I merely renamed it lib_old)
>
> 8 ) Next, decompress your BIRT runtime into a folder and locate the
> ReportEngine/lib directory inside. Then, copy it at the location found
> in step 7 (normally, you should have lib and lib_old along with a few
> other folders if you follow my naming convention)
>
> 9)Next, from your lib_old folder, copy the following files in the new
> lib folder:
>
> birtEngine.jar
> JavaBridge.jar
> jaxrpc.jar (this one was actually removed from the JavaBridge 6.2.1, but
> I haven't encountered any problems even if it isn't there... bottom
> line, if you have it, take it, if you don't then just ignore it)
> lucene.jar
> php-script.jar
> php-servlet.jar
> script-api.jar
>
> 10) Next go to the JavaBridge/WEB-INF/platform and you should see a
> "plugins" directory. Rename that "plugins_old"
>
> 11) From your BIRT runtime decompressed folder, grab the
> ReportEngine/plugins folder and copy it in the location found at step 10
>
> 12) Now, enter your new plugins folder and locate a folder that should
> be named something like:
>
> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_version (where "version" is
> something that will change, for me it was 2.6.1.v20100909)
>
> 13) Inside, you should find a "driver" folder that should only contain a
> readme.txt file. What you need to do here is download a jdbc connector
> jar file and put it there. I myself used the same one that I used with
> my version of Eclipse.
>
> What I did personally was go to my folder:
> eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.6.1.
> v20100909\drivers
> and copy the "mysql-connector-java-5.1.12-bin.jar" I found there into
> the folder mentioned at step 12
>
> Once I did that and subsequently restarted Tomcat... everything was fine
> and dandy. Keep in mind of course that the version of your connector
> might change, but I don't think it really matters.
>
> I really have to thank Jason again for his invaluable help in setting
> everything up. I never would have done it without his help.
>
> Good luck with JavaBridge everyone and thanks Jason
>
> Osu
Re: BIRT + javabridge... HELP!!!!!!! [message #644386 is a reply to message #644352] Fri, 10 December 2010 18:56 Go to previous message
osuwariboy Mising name is currently offline osuwariboy Mising nameFriend
Messages: 18
Registered: December 2010
Junior Member
No sweat Jason,

My dream through all of this ordeal was to actually HAVE a step by step procedure to upgrade JavaBridge BIRT engine. Thanks in good part to you, I now have exactly what I wanted Smile.

What's more, if my experience can benefit others then it's even better since I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's had this problem... and to be honest, the solution, while really simple when you actually know what to do, is definitely not trivial.

Thank you again for all your help.

Osu
Previous Topic:Export Birt report in Excel
Next Topic:Unable to build a dataset
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 19 09:25:54 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.09025 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software