Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Objectteams » When it gets bigger... Teamactivation or base when or nothing?
When it gets bigger... Teamactivation or base when or nothing? [message #643650] Tue, 07 December 2010 18:22 Go to next message
Jan Marc Hoffmann is currently offline Jan Marc HoffmannFriend
Hey guys,

my project has reached quite a bit of complexity. SInce its an extension of the OT Tooling for another language there are many places where I had to do some adjustments. This results in a ton of roles and a few teams. (70 Roles, 10 Teams). Everything would be fine if my Tooling were alone in the eclipse workbench and the only files and projects open are of my language extension.

But sadly thats not the case. So it would be wise to activate my tooling only when it's needed. Otherwise I might break some working stuff ^^. The "when it's needed" is by far the most difficult thing when adapting a complex framework with OT.

So what should I do? There are several ways to handle the activation of my teams and roles. I could either use the "base when" or "team activation". Or a mix of both. But what should I use if I have the choice? Should one prefer the TeamActivation or the RoleActivation (I ll call it that way to make it easier..)?

Or could you generally say that it's best to do the activation on the highest level (control flow) possible? For example, Team, Role, Callin. In that order.

And a second question: Is there some tool which might help me get an overview over active teams and roles?

thanks and greetings

Jan Marc
Re: When it gets bigger... Teamactivation or base when or nothing? [message #643669 is a reply to message #643650] Tue, 07 December 2010 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Hi Jan Marc,

Easy answer first:

Jan Marc Hoffmann wrote on Tue, 07 December 2010 19:22
And a second question: Is there some tool which might help me get an overview over active teams and roles?

There are two tools for that:

In the debugger use the "Team Monitor" view.
This even has an entry in the online help Smile

In the running workbench open the "OT/Equinox Monitor" view.
No help entry, but there's two things you can do in this view:
- (de)activate a team using the checkbox
- inquire number of role instances by clicking a row
info will appear in the hover.

HTH,
Stephan

Re: When it gets bigger... Teamactivation or base when or nothing? [message #643672 is a reply to message #643650] Tue, 07 December 2010 19:17 Go to previous message
Jan Marc Hoffmann is currently offline Jan Marc HoffmannFriend
Wow, I like it!

Thanks, this will help a lot!
Previous Topic:OT/Equinox Adaption of OT/Equinox powered plugins and Teams?
Next Topic:CFLOW like behaviour?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 21 10:45:57 GMT 2014