Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Greenpages in STS(springsource Tool Suite)(Have some doubts related to sts)
icon3.gif  Greenpages in STS(springsource Tool Suite) [message #642640] Thu, 02 December 2010 07:06 Go to next message
kamath_sv  is currently offline kamath_sv Friend
Hi,

Atlast, After so many days i am able to run the Sample greenpages application in STS(Springsource Tool Suite) Very Happy
I am using

• STS2.5.1
  • springsource-dm-server-1.0.2.SR02
  • greenpages-1.1.1.RELEASE

i have some queries related to sts, greenpages etc.

Greenpages contains template.mf which is used to generate the manifest file.

1. Is it compulsory to have template.mf in sts ? Confused
2. Can I use pom file to generate manifest instead of template.mf & delete the template.mf ?
when I do so I am getting the exception asking for template.mf in greenpages. Sad
3. If I use apach-felix in POM(maven file) will it generate similar manifest
* template.mf will use springsource bundlor to create manifest.
* maven uses BND tool to create manifest.
4. If i use both template & pom which is having higher precedence(will pom override template.mf) ?
5. When i tried to keep empty template.mf & used apach-felix/springsource-bundlor plugin in pom file the manifest generated is not correct.

If anyone is having some information about template.mf please share the link.

Regards,
Kamath
Re: Greenpages in STS(springsource Tool Suite) [message #644031 is a reply to message #642640] Thu, 09 December 2010 07:54 Go to previous message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

1. Is it compulsory to have template.mf in sts ?

No you can use another way to build your bundle.

2. Can I use pom file to generate manifest instead of template.mf & delete the template.mf ?
when I do so I am getting the exception asking for template.mf in greenpages.

You can use tools like Tycho, BND, plain maven. You should however get rid of bundlor if you want to build with another tool.

3. If I use apach-felix in POM(maven file) will it generate similar manifest
* template.mf will use springsource bundlor to create manifest.
* maven uses BND tool to create manifest.

Most of the tools out there will generate manifest. The trick here is to have a manifest that doesn't require editing. Bundlor and BND can do the automation by looking at .class files. Bundlor however goes a bit further by inspecting other files for dependencies. BND afaik (I had a look a year ago) does not do this.

4. If i use both template & pom which is having higher precedence(will pom override template.mf) ?

This depend on your pom, but generally the rule is that the last tool will have precedence. If you first invoke bundlor and then another tool to modify the manifest, the last invoked will win.

5. When i tried to keep empty template.mf & used apach-felix/springsource-bundlor plugin in pom file the manifest generated is not correct.

Can you please provide more details? What part of the manifest is incorrect - import, export, ...?

User Guide for bundlor and manifest template (template.mf) can be found here: http://www.springsource.org/bundlor
Previous Topic:OSGI dependencies
Next Topic:Availability and usage of osgi-test-stubs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:57:42 GMT 2024