Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » WebViewer on RAP(WebViewer on RAP)
WebViewer on RAP [message #641634] Fri, 26 November 2010 11:59 Go to next message
Sudesh Bulathsinhala is currently offline Sudesh Bulathsinhala
Messages: 180
Registered: October 2010
Senior Member
hello,

I'm working on a single source business application which works with both RCP and RAP.

what would be the best approach to integrate BIRT reports in to RCP/RAP ?

our requirement is such that we would prefer to run reports within the browser widget using WebViewer.

ex.
WebViewer.display(path, WebViewer.HTML, _browser, "frameset");
where
path includes the [report_file.rptdesign]

i'm using RAP 1.4 M3 and BIRT 2.6.1

i've examined the following article, but did not find exactly what i was looking.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/BIRT_Integration

our requirement is to open .rptdesign report files within browser widget using WebViewer.


kindly let me know if any best practices material/resource/help is available for the above.

regards,
sudesh
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #641881 is a reply to message #641634] Mon, 29 November 2010 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Sudesh,

Here is a tutorial with BIRT and RAP.

If you just want to use the viewer plugin with a browser widget that is
pretty simple. See examples with this presentation.

http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-rep orts/1187-eclipsecon-2010-birt-metal-ppt/

Essentially if you have the birt plugins in your runtime you can add the
following dependencies to your app:
org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer
org.eclipse.birt.core
org.eclipse.help.appserver
org.eclipse.help.base

and call

HashMap myparms = new HashMap();
HashMap emitmap = new HashMap();

myparms.put("SERVLET_NAME_KEY", "frameset");
myparms.put("FORMAT_KEY", "html");
//myparms.put("RESOURCE_FOLDER_KEY", "c:/myresources");
myparms.put("ALLOW_PAGE", "false");
myparms.put("SHOW_PARAMETER_PAGE", "false");
emitmap.put("Top Count", "6");
myparms.put("EMITTER_OPTIONS_KEY", emitmap);
//myparms.put("MAX_ROWS_KEY", "500");
WebViewer.display(rpt, browser, myparms);

where browser is the swt browser widget.

Jason


On 11/26/2010 6:59 AM, Sudesh Bulathsinhala wrote:
> hello,
>
> I'm working on a single source business application which works with
> both RCP and RAP.
>
> what would be the best approach to integrate BIRT reports in to RCP/RAP ?
>
> our requirement is such that we would prefer to run reports within the
> browser widget using WebViewer.
>
> ex.
> WebViewer.display(path, WebViewer.HTML, _browser, "frameset");
> where path includes the [report_file.rptdesign]
>
> i'm using RAP 1.4 M3 and BIRT 2.6.1
>
> i've examined the following article, but did not find exactly what i was
> looking.
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/BIRT_Integration
>
> our requirement is to open .rptdesign report files within browser widget
> using WebViewer.
>
>
> kindly let me know if any best practices material/resource/help is
> available for the above.
>
> regards,
> sudesh
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #642558 is a reply to message #641881] Wed, 01 December 2010 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sudesh Bulathsinhala is currently offline Sudesh Bulathsinhala
Messages: 180
Registered: October 2010
Senior Member
hi jasaon,

thank you for your quick response. i've been trying to get it up and running for couple of days now. i think there's an issue with the versions i'm using, which is not identical to the ones that are mentioned in your article.

i'm using birt 2.6.1 with rap 1.3.

i don't find "org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer" inside birt runtime, when i downloaded the birt 2.6.1 run time. (inside reportEngine/plugins folder).

when i copy this from "eclipse reporting helios SR1".. i started getting incompatible errors like bundle versions are not matching.

Ex. The bundle "org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility_3.2.100.v20100505 [78]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.update.configurator; bundle-version="[3.1.100,4.0.0)"

i started copying them manually, but it was getting worse.

kindly advise me how to work with birt 2.6.1 with rap 1.3. or 1.4.

i've setup my working environment like this.
eclipse reporting helios SR1 with target RAP platform 1.3 installed.

regards,
sudesh
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #642568 is a reply to message #642558] Wed, 01 December 2010 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

The viewer plugin is not in the runtime. You will have to get it from
the SR1 or use the update manager. I am not sure what version of the
framework rap 1.3/1.4 runs on. One thing to try is download a clean
eclipse reporting helios and then use update manager to get RAP.

Jason

On 12/1/2010 2:07 PM, Sudesh Bulathsinhala wrote:
> hi jasaon,
>
> thank you for your quick response. i've been trying to get it up and
> running for couple of days now. i think there's an issue with the
> versions i'm using, which is not identical to the ones that are
> mentioned in your article.
>
> i'm using birt 2.6.1 with rap 1.3.
>
> i don't find "org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer" inside birt runtime, when
> i downloaded the birt 2.6.1 run time. (inside reportEngine/plugins folder).
>
> when i copy this from "eclipse reporting helios SR1".. i started getting
> incompatible errors like bundle versions are not matching.
>
> Ex. The bundle "org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility_3.2.100.v20100505
> [78]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle:
> org.eclipse.update.configurator; bundle-version="[3.1.100,4.0.0)"
>
> i started copying them manually, but it was getting worse.
>
> kindly advise me how to work with birt 2.6.1 with rap 1.3. or 1.4.
>
> i've setup my working environment like this.
> eclipse reporting helios SR1 with target RAP platform 1.3 installed.
>
> regards,
> sudesh
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #642577 is a reply to message #642568] Wed, 01 December 2010 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sudesh Bulathsinhala is currently offline Sudesh Bulathsinhala
Messages: 180
Registered: October 2010
Senior Member
hi jason,
i tried with the clean install (rap target including latest download 'eclipse reporting helios SR1') from scratch.

downloaded the latest and installed the rap target again (1.3).

i've copied the webviewer from the SR1 and still the problem exist.

any idea ?

regards,
sudesh

Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #642602 is a reply to message #642577] Wed, 01 December 2010 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

If you installed the eclipse reporting helios SR1 it should be in the
plugins directory. BTW did you see the product config file for the viewer?
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-rep orts/1194-eclipse-product-configuration-file-for-webviewer-i n-rcp/

Jason

On 12/1/2010 3:01 PM, Sudesh Bulathsinhala wrote:
> hi jason,
> i tried with the clean install (rap target including latest download
> 'eclipse reporting helios SR1') from scratch.
>
> downloaded the latest and installed the rap target again (1.3).
>
> i've copied the webviewer from the SR1 and still the problem exist.
>
> any idea ?
>
> regards,
> sudesh
>
>
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #642719 is a reply to message #642602] Thu, 02 December 2010 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sudesh Bulathsinhala is currently offline Sudesh Bulathsinhala
Messages: 180
Registered: October 2010
Senior Member

hello jason,

the product config file you specified is for RCP.
our RCP product works fine, the only problem is that when copying webviewer plugin from SR1 to RAP target plugins folder and then try to resolve its dependencies.

steps that i followed..

1. copied 'org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.6.1.v20100913' to rap target plugins folder from SR1.

2. added the report.viewer to plugin project dependencies.

3. modified rap run config. bundles>add required bundles to automatically select org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.6.1.v20100913 plugin as required.

4. when i try to validate bundles after adding the report viewer plugin, i get following messages :

org.eclipse.report.viewer :
missing constraint - import package javax.servlet.jsp; version='2.0.0'
missing constraint - import package javax.servlet.jsp.tagext; version="2.0.0"
missing constraint - import package org.apache.commons.codec.binary; version="0.0.0"
missing constraint - import package org.apache.commons.logging; version="0.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : javax.xml.rpc; bundle version="1.1.0.2.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.apache.axis; bundle version="1.3.0.2.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.apache.jasper; bundle version="5.5.17"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.birt.core; bundle version="2.1.0.3.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.birt.data; bundle version="2.1.0.3.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adaptor; bundle version="2.1.0.3.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine; bundle version = "2.1.0.3.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.dataextraction; bundle version="2.3.0.3.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.birt.report.model; bundle version = "2.1.0.3.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.core resources; bundle version="3.2.0.4.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.equinox.jsp.jasper.registry; bundle version="1.0.0.2.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.help.base; bundle version="3.2.0.4.0.0"
missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.ui; bundle version="3.2.0.4.0.0"

when i copied the above plugins from SR1 to rap target plugins folder there will be more plugins required and it goes on and on..

is there any easier way that we can get birt reports up and running on web viewer within RAP ?

please help us on this, as this is one of our major concerns right now.

regards,
sudesh


Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #642737 is a reply to message #642719] Thu, 02 December 2010 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Sudesh,

The viewer plugin runs on the eclipse help app server and is going to
require a lot of plugins because it is built on top of the engine and
supports so many features. That is why I pointed you at the product
configuration which should have all the runtime required plugins in the
list. If you just want to use the engine have you seen this tutorial?
http://blog.tim-pietrusky.de/2009/rich-ajax-platform-rap/int egrating-birt-into-rap-applications/

Jason

On 12/2/2010 8:48 AM, Sudesh Bulathsinhala wrote:
>
> hello jason,
>
> the product config file you specified is for RCP.
> our RCP product works fine, the only problem is that when copying
> webviewer plugin from SR1 to RAP target plugins folder and then try to
> resolve its dependencies.
>
> steps that i followed..
>
> 1. copied 'org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.6.1.v20100913' to rap target
> plugins folder from SR1.
>
> 2. added the report.viewer to plugin project dependencies.
>
> 3. modified rap run config. bundles>add required bundles to
> automatically select org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.6.1.v20100913
> plugin as required.
>
> 4. when i try to validate bundles after adding the report viewer plugin,
> i get following messages :
>
> org.eclipse.report.viewer :
> missing constraint - import package javax.servlet.jsp; version='2.0.0'
> missing constraint - import package javax.servlet.jsp.tagext;
> version="2.0.0"
> missing constraint - import package org.apache.commons.codec.binary;
> version="0.0.0"
> missing constraint - import package org.apache.commons.logging;
> version="0.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle : javax.xml.rpc; bundle
> version="1.1.0.2.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle : org.apache.axis; bundle
> version="1.3.0.2.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle : org.apache.jasper; bundle
> version="5.5.17"
> missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.birt.core; bundle
> version="2.1.0.3.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.birt.data; bundle
> version="2.1.0.3.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle :
> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adaptor; bundle version="2.1.0.3.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine;
> bundle version = "2.1.0.3.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle :
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.dataextraction; bundle version="2.3.0.3.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.birt.report.model;
> bundle version = "2.1.0.3.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.core resources; bundle
> version="3.2.0.4.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle :
> org.eclipse.equinox.jsp.jasper.registry; bundle version="1.0.0.2.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.help.base; bundle
> version="3.2.0.4.0.0"
> missing constraint - require bundle : org.eclipse.ui; bundle
> version="3.2.0.4.0.0"
>
> when i copied the above plugins from SR1 to rap target plugins folder
> there will be more plugins required and it goes on and on..
>
> is there any easier way that we can get birt reports up and running on
> web viewer within RAP ?
>
> please help us on this, as this is one of our major concerns right now.
>
> regards,
> sudesh
>
>
>
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #643151 is a reply to message #642737] Sun, 05 December 2010 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sudesh Bulathsinhala is currently offline Sudesh Bulathsinhala
Messages: 180
Registered: October 2010
Senior Member
hello jason,

i've got all the required plugins resolved, except [org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui] which is required by org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.

this is causing the trouble so far. apparently [org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer] requires [org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui]. if i add this from [eclipse-reporting-helios-SR1] it will require so many other plugins like
org.eclipse.gef, etc..

any idea how we can proceed from this point.

my requirement is to show reports on RAP using web-viewer, just like in RCP. i'm sure there must be a way out, since i've seen in youtube article which uses webviewer on RAP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apomlZbvrZ4

let me know if you have a fix or alternative suggestion.

thanks,
sudesh
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #643410 is a reply to message #643151] Mon, 06 December 2010 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Sudesh,

The designer ui plugin should be marked as optional.


org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui;bundle-version="2.5.1";resolution:=optional
So it should not be needed.

Jason

On 12/5/2010 7:42 AM, Sudesh Bulathsinhala wrote:
> hello jason,
>
> i've got all the required plugins resolved, except
> [org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui] which is required by
> org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.
>
> this is causing the trouble so far. apparently
> [org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer] requires
> [org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui]. if i add this from
> [eclipse-reporting-helios-SR1] it will require so many other plugins like
> org.eclipse.gef, etc..
>
> any idea how we can proceed from this point.
>
> my requirement is to show reports on RAP using web-viewer, just like in
> RCP. i'm sure there must be a way out, since i've seen in youtube
> article which uses webviewer on RAP.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apomlZbvrZ4
>
> let me know if you have a fix or alternative suggestion.
>
> thanks,
> sudesh
>
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #643507 is a reply to message #643410] Tue, 07 December 2010 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sudesh Bulathsinhala is currently offline Sudesh Bulathsinhala
Messages: 180
Registered: October 2010
Senior Member
hello jason,

i've marked [org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui] optional as you suggested, but still it doesn't work.

i'm using the following method to invoke the report :

public void decorateReportInBrowser(Browser browser, String reportFilePath,
String servletNameKey, String formatKey, boolean allowPage,
boolean showParameterPage, int topCount, int maxRows) {
HashMap reportParams = new HashMap();
HashMap emitterParams = new HashMap();
reportParams.put("SERVLET_NAME_KEY", servletNameKey);
reportParams.put("FORMAT_KEY", formatKey);
reportParams.put("MAX_ROWS_KEY", Integer.toString(maxRows));
/* myparms.put("RESOURCE_FOLDER_KEY", "c:/myresources"); */
reportParams.put("ALLOW_PAGE", Boolean.toString(allowPage));
reportParams.put("SHOW_PARAMETER_PAGE",
Boolean.toString(showParameterPage));
emitterParams.put("Top Count", Integer.toString(topCount));
reportParams.put("EMITTER_OPTIONS_KEY", emitterParams);
WebViewer.display(reportFilePath, browser, reportParams);
}


ERROR MESSAGE :

!ENTRY org.eclipse.rap.ui 4 0 2010-12-07 13:09:48.374
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/birt/report/designer/ui/ReportPlugin
at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.utilities.ViewerClassPathHelp er.getWorkspaceClassPath(ViewerClassPathHelper.java:191)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.utilities.WebViewer.startWebA pp(WebViewer.java:756)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.utilities.WebViewer.display(W ebViewer.java:1004)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.utilities.WebViewer.display(W ebViewer.java:998)
at com.argos.sys.base.controller.birt.provider.CustomBirtReport Provider.decorateReportInBrowser(CustomBirtReportProvider.ja va:42)
at com.argos.sys.base.controller.widget.editor.CustomReportEdit orPart.invokeRunReport(CustomReportEditorPart.java:381)
at com.argos.sys.base.controller.widget.editor.CustomReportEdit orPart.access$1(CustomReportEditorPart.java:367)
at com.argos.sys.base.controller.widget.editor.CustomReportEdit orPart$5.handleEvent(CustomReportEditorPart.java:319)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.widgets.UntypedEventAdapter.dispatc hEvent(UntypedEventAdapter.java:651)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.widgets.UntypedEventAdapter.widgetS elected(UntypedEventAdapter.java:88)
at org.eclipse.swt.events.SelectionEvent.dispatchToObserver(Sel ectionEvent.java:194)
at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.events.Event.processEvent(Event.jav a:44)
at org.eclipse.swt.events.TypedEvent.processEvent(TypedEvent.ja va:161)
at org.eclipse.swt.events.TypedEvent.executeNext(TypedEvent.jav a:201)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runPendingMessages(Display.j ava:1100)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :1090)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:2390)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2351)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$5(Workbench.java:22 06)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:424)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.jface.internal.databinding.realmadapter.RealmAda pter.run(RealmAdapter.java:44)
at org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.RealmAdapterHook.runWithDefault( RealmAdapterHook.java:48)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:427)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:157)
at com.argos.sys.client.entrypoint._rap.ClientEntryPoint.create UI(ClientEntryPoint.java:18)
at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.EntryPointManager.createU I(EntryPointManager.java:92)
at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle.createUI(RWT LifeCycle.java:245)
at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle$UIThreadCont roller.run(RWTLifeCycle.java:114)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.UIThread.run(UIThread.jav a:102)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.ReportPlugin
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInter nal(BundleLoader.java:513)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:429)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund leLoader.java:417)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loa dClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 31 more


Thanks,
Sudesh

[Updated on: Tue, 07 December 2010 07:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #643620 is a reply to message #643507] Tue, 07 December 2010 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Sudesh,

This looks like a change that was introduced for designer classpath
issues. In the WebViewer class there is a startWebApp method that adds
urls to the cp based on the designer classpath:

try
{
// if don't load debug ui, viewer will handle to set workspace
// classpath
String debugMode = System.getProperty( REPORT_DEBUT_MODE );
if ( debugMode == null )
{
// get workspace classpath
URL[] urls = ViewerClassPathHelper.getWorkspaceClassPath(
reportFileName );

if ( reloadableClassLoader == null )
{
// create ReloadableClassLoader
reloadableClassLoader = new ReloadableClassLoader( urls,
WebViewer.class.getClassLoader( ) );
}
else
{
// reload class
reloadableClassLoader.setUrls( urls );
reloadableClassLoader.reload( );
}
}


Can you try to set the debug mode to true?
System.setProperty( WebViewer.REPORT_DEBUT_MODE,true );
before calling your viewer code? Also it would be good if you could log
a bug for this.

Jason

On 12/7/2010 2:46 AM, Sudesh Bulathsinhala wrote:
> hello jason,
>
> i've marked [org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui] optional as you
> suggested, but still it doesn't work.
>
> i'm using the following method to invoke the report :
>
> public void decorateReportInBrowser(Browser browser, String reportFilePath,
> String servletNameKey, String formatKey, boolean allowPage,
> boolean showParameterPage, int topCount, int maxRows) {
> HashMap reportParams = new HashMap();
> HashMap emitterParams = new HashMap();
> reportParams.put("SERVLET_NAME_KEY", servletNameKey);
> reportParams.put("FORMAT_KEY", formatKey);
> reportParams.put("MAX_ROWS_KEY", Integer.toString(maxRows));
> /* myparms.put("RESOURCE_FOLDER_KEY", "c:/myresources"); */
> reportParams.put("ALLOW_PAGE", Boolean.toString(allowPage));
> reportParams.put("SHOW_PARAMETER_PAGE",
> Boolean.toString(showParameterPage));
> emitterParams.put("Top Count", Integer.toString(topCount));
> reportParams.put("EMITTER_OPTIONS_KEY", emitterParams);
> WebViewer.display(reportFilePath, browser, reportParams);
> }
>
>
> ERROR MESSAGE :
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.rap.ui 4 0 2010-12-07 13:09:48.374
> !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/eclipse/birt/report/designer/ui/ReportPlugin
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.utilities.ViewerClassPathHelp
> er.getWorkspaceClassPath(ViewerClassPathHelper.java:191)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.utilities.WebViewer.startWebA
> pp(WebViewer.java:756)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.utilities.WebViewer.display(W
> ebViewer.java:1004)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.utilities.WebViewer.display(W
> ebViewer.java:998)
> at com.argos.sys.base.controller.birt.provider.CustomBirtReport
> Provider.decorateReportInBrowser(CustomBirtReportProvider.ja va:42)
> at com.argos.sys.base.controller.widget.editor.CustomReportEdit
> orPart.invokeRunReport(CustomReportEditorPart.java:381)
> at com.argos.sys.base.controller.widget.editor.CustomReportEdit
> orPart.access$1(CustomReportEditorPart.java:367)
> at com.argos.sys.base.controller.widget.editor.CustomReportEdit
> orPart$5.handleEvent(CustomReportEditorPart.java:319)
> at org.eclipse.swt.internal.widgets.UntypedEventAdapter.dispatc
> hEvent(UntypedEventAdapter.java:651)
> at org.eclipse.swt.internal.widgets.UntypedEventAdapter.widgetS
> elected(UntypedEventAdapter.java:88)
> at org.eclipse.swt.events.SelectionEvent.dispatchToObserver(Sel
> ectionEvent.java:194)
> at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.events.Event.processEvent(Event.jav a:44)
> at org.eclipse.swt.events.TypedEvent.processEvent(TypedEvent.ja va:161)
> at org.eclipse.swt.events.TypedEvent.executeNext(TypedEvent.jav a:201)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runPendingMessages(Display.j ava:1100)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :1090)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:2390)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2351)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$5(Workbench.java:22 06)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:424)
> at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault
> (Realm.java:332)
> at org.eclipse.jface.internal.databinding.realmadapter.RealmAda
> pter.run(RealmAdapter.java:44)
> at org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.RealmAdapterHook.runWithDefault(
> RealmAdapterHook.java:48)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work
> bench.java:427)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:157)
> at com.argos.sys.client.entrypoint._rap.ClientEntryPoint.create
> UI(ClientEntryPoint.java:18)
> at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.EntryPointManager.createU
> I(EntryPointManager.java:92)
> at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle.createUI(RWT
> LifeCycle.java:245)
> at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle$UIThreadCont
> roller.run(RWTLifeCycle.java:114)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.rwt.internal.lifecycle.UIThread.run(UIThread.jav a:102)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.ReportPlugin
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInter
> nal(BundleLoader.java:513)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund
> leLoader.java:429)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(Bund
> leLoader.java:417)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loa
> dClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> ... 31 more
>
>
>
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #643645 is a reply to message #643620] Tue, 07 December 2010 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sudesh Bulathsinhala is currently offline Sudesh Bulathsinhala
Messages: 180
Registered: October 2010
Senior Member
hello jason,

thanks a million and finally it worked and i cold see the web viewer in rap browser. wow !

i've been struggling on this for quite some time now.
as per your suggestion, will report a bug regarding this soon.

i just added following snippet before invoking the report.
System.setProperty( WebViewer.REPORT_DEBUT_MODE, "true");

regards,
sudesh
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #643697 is a reply to message #643645] Tue, 07 December 2010 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Please post the bug number when you do so I can add my comments

Jason

On 12/7/2010 1:08 PM, Sudesh Bulathsinhala wrote:
> hello jason,
>
> thanks a million and finally it worked and i cold see the web viewer in
> rap browser. wow !
>
> i've been struggling on this for quite some time now.
> as per your suggestion, will report a bug regarding this soon.
>
> i just added following snippet before invoking the report.
> System.setProperty( WebViewer.REPORT_DEBUT_MODE, "true");
>
> regards,
> sudesh
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #644503 is a reply to message #643697] Sun, 12 December 2010 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sudesh Bulathsinhala is currently offline Sudesh Bulathsinhala
Messages: 180
Registered: October 2010
Senior Member
hi jason,
i've reported the bug as suggested by you earlier. (BUG # Bug 332390).
really sorry for the delay in opening the bug for the above case.

thanks and regards,
sudesh
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #644657 is a reply to message #644503] Mon, 13 December 2010 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Thanks for logging it.

Jason

On 12/12/2010 7:00 AM, Sudesh Bulathsinhala wrote:
> hi jason,
> i've reported the bug as suggested by you earlier. (BUG # Bug 332390).
> really sorry for the delay in opening the bug for the above case.
>
> thanks and regards,
> sudesh
>
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #871996 is a reply to message #641634] Tue, 15 May 2012 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohit rai is currently offline Rohit rai
Messages: 5
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
Hi Jason,

We are trying to implement exactly similar stuff of seeing the web viewer in rap browser but without any success.

Here is code we have used to call start and display webviewer
HashMap reportParams = new HashMap();
HashMap emitterParams = new HashMap();
reportParams.put("SERVLET_NAME_KEY", "frameset");
reportParams.put("FORMAT_KEY", "html");
reportParams.put("MAX_ROWS_KEY", "500");

reportParams.put("ALLOW_PAGE", "true");
reportParams.put("SHOW_PARAMETER_PAGE",
Boolean.toString(false));
emitterParams.put("Top Count", "6");
reportParams.put("EMITTER_OPTIONS_KEY", emitterParams);
System.setProperty( WebViewer.REPORT_DEBUT_MODE, "true");

Shell dialog = new Shell (PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getShell());
dialog.setLayout(new FillLayout());

Browser browser = new Browser(dialog, SWT.NONE);

dialog.setText ("Birt Reporting");
dialog.setSize (1000, 800);
dialog.open ();
WebViewer.startup();
WebViewer.display(nameReport, browser, reportParams);

The browser just goes on processing and doesnt shows anything...are we doing something incorrect here??

Thanks
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #872273 is a reply to message #871996] Tue, 15 May 2012 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

What birt version are you using? If you comment out this line:
reportParams.put("SHOW_PARAMETER_PAGE",
Boolean.toString(false));

does it work?

Jason

On 5/15/2012 5:11 AM, Rohit rai wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> We are trying to implement exactly similar stuff of seeing the web
> viewer in rap browser but without any success.
> Here is code we have used to call start and display webviewer
> HashMap reportParams = new HashMap();
> HashMap emitterParams = new HashMap();
> reportParams.put("SERVLET_NAME_KEY", "frameset");
> reportParams.put("FORMAT_KEY", "html");
> reportParams.put("MAX_ROWS_KEY", "500");
>
> reportParams.put("ALLOW_PAGE", "true");
> reportParams.put("SHOW_PARAMETER_PAGE",
> Boolean.toString(false));
> emitterParams.put("Top Count", "6");
> reportParams.put("EMITTER_OPTIONS_KEY", emitterParams);
> System.setProperty( WebViewer.REPORT_DEBUT_MODE, "true");
>
> Shell dialog = new Shell
> (PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getShell());
> dialog.setLayout(new FillLayout());
>
> Browser browser = new Browser(dialog, SWT.NONE);
>
> dialog.setText ("Birt Reporting");
> dialog.setSize (1000, 800);
> dialog.open ();
> WebViewer.startup();
> WebViewer.display(nameReport, browser, reportParams);
>
> The browser just goes on processing and doesnt shows anything...are we
> doing something incorrect here??
>
> Thanks
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #872464 is a reply to message #872273] Wed, 16 May 2012 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohit rai is currently offline Rohit rai
Messages: 5
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
Thanks for the reply Jason!
I tried removing reportParams.put("SHOW_PARAMETER_PAGE",
Boolean.toString(false)) from the code but its behaving the same.

Actually, when "WebViewer.display(nameReport, browser, reportParams);" code is executed, the browser goes on processing and the application become unavailable and needs to restarted
I also gets following error on the console

May 16, 2012 12:36:42 PM org.apache.axis.utils.JavaUtils isAttachmentSupported
WARNING: Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.

I am using 3.7 version of birt (org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_3.7.0.v20110602) and dependencies

Let me know you views.Thanks!
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #873157 is a reply to message #872464] Thu, 17 May 2012 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Do you have all the birt plugins available in the runtime of your app?
If you use WebViewer.display(nameReport, reportParams); instead of
WebViewer.display(nameReport, browser, reportParams); is there any
difference?

Jason

On 5/16/2012 3:19 AM, Rohit rai wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Jason!
> I tried removing reportParams.put("SHOW_PARAMETER_PAGE",
> Boolean.toString(false)) from the code but its behaving the same.
> Actually, when "WebViewer.display(nameReport, browser, reportParams);"
> code is executed, the browser goes on processing and the application
> become unavailable and needs to restarted
> I also gets following error on the console
> May 16, 2012 12:36:42 PM org.apache.axis.utils.JavaUtils
> isAttachmentSupported
> WARNING: Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler
> and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.
>
> I am using 3.7 version of birt
> (org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_3.7.0.v20110602) and dependencies
>
> Let me know you views.Thanks!
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #873396 is a reply to message #641634] Fri, 18 May 2012 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohit rai is currently offline Rohit rai
Messages: 5
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
I am getting following error if I replace WebViewer.display(nameReport, browser, reportParams); with WebViewer.display(nameReport, reportParams);

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.clearSessions()V
at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.browsers.embedded.EmbeddedBrowserAdapter.uiDisplayURL(EmbeddedBrowserAdapter.java:68)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.browsers.embedded.EmbeddedBrowserAdapter.displayURL(EmbeddedBrowserAdapter.java:46)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.browsers.CurrentBrowser.displayURL(CurrentBrowser.java:114)
.............


Yes, birt plugin are available in the target run time of my application. i have attached a txt file(PluginName.txt) which have the list of plugins I am using currently. This is driving me crazy now Sad
Thanks for all your help!
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #873671 is a reply to message #873396] Fri, 18 May 2012 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

How does that list compare to this one:

http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1194-eclipse-product-configuration-file-for-webviewer-in-rcp/

Jason

On 5/18/2012 2:12 AM, Rohit rai wrote:
> I am getting following error if I replace WebViewer.display(nameReport, browser, reportParams); with WebViewer.display(nameReport, reportParams);
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.clearSessions()V
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.browsers.embedded.EmbeddedBrowserAdapter.uiDisplayURL(EmbeddedBrowserAdapter.java:68)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.browsers.embedded.EmbeddedBrowserAdapter.displayURL(EmbeddedBrowserAdapter.java:46)
> at org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer.browsers.CurrentBrowser.displayURL(CurrentBrowser.java:114)
> .............
>
>
> Yes, birt plugin are available in the target run time of my application. i have attached a txt file(PluginName.txt) which have the list of plugins I am using currently. This is driving me crazy now :(
> Thanks for all your help!
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #874705 is a reply to message #873671] Mon, 21 May 2012 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohit rai is currently offline Rohit rai
Messages: 5
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
I tried running the application using all the plugins mentioned in your previous reply
and got some duplicate entries in runtime configuration. I removed them manually and tried to run it but even the application doesn't get started

Here question arises, the plugins which you mentioned needs to included in target runtime contains RCP plugins and I am including RAP runtime plugins too, which duplicate plugin should be removed?? At present I have included RAP plugins but with no success

- Thanks , Rohit
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #874900 is a reply to message #874705] Mon, 21 May 2012 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Rohit,

Have you seen this tutorial?
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/836-integrating-birt-into-rap-applications/

Jason

On 5/21/2012 7:53 AM, Rohit rai wrote:
> I tried running the application using all the plugins mentioned in your
> previous reply and got some duplicate entries in runtime configuration.
> I removed them manually and tried to run it but even the application
> doesn't get started
>
> Here question arises, the plugins which you mentioned needs to included
> in target runtime contains RCP plugins and I am including RAP runtime
> plugins too, which duplicate plugin should be removed?? At present I
> have included RAP plugins but with no success
>
> - Thanks , Rohit
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #875204 is a reply to message #874900] Tue, 22 May 2012 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rohit rai is currently offline Rohit rai
Messages: 5
Registered: May 2012
Junior Member
Hello Jason,
I had look into the tutorial but I want to start the birt webviewer (WebViewer.display(nameReport, browser ,reportParams);)in rap.
In the tutorial they have used IRunAndRenderTask and IReportEngineFactory.
I want to achieve exactly same stuff as achieved by Sudesh. Sudesh was trying to use 2.5 birt version and I am tryig to use 3.7 ..can that be issue??

Also, I am trying to build workspace as per tutorial, I am getting following error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/IPlatformRunnable
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClassHoldingLock(ClasspathManager.java:632)
.....................

When I investigated I found that this is happening due to inclusion of org.eclipse.birt.runtime_3.7.2.v20120214-1408.jar. I also cannt exclude this. Do you have any idea regarding this??

Thanks, Rohit
Re: WebViewer on RAP [message #875396 is a reply to message #875204] Tue, 22 May 2012 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason Weathersby
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Rohit,

I did not realize you were using the POJO runtime. If you look at the
other downloads for 3.7.2 you can find that we also have an osgi runtime
as well. That may be the one you want to try.

http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/build.php?build=R-R1-3_7_2-201202141408

Jason

On 5/22/2012 6:12 AM, Rohit rai wrote:
> Hello Jason,
> I had look into the tutorial but I want to start the birt webviewer
> (WebViewer.display(nameReport, browser ,reportParams);)in rap. In the
> tutorial they have used IRunAndRenderTask and IReportEngineFactory.
> I want to achieve exactly same stuff as achieved by Sudesh. Sudesh was
> trying to use 2.5 birt version and I am tryig to use 3.7 ..can that be
> issue??
>
> Also, I am trying to build workspace as per tutorial, I am getting
> following error:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/IPlatformRunnable
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClassHoldingLock(ClasspathManager.java:632)
>
> .....................
>
> When I investigated I found that this is happening due to inclusion of
> org.eclipse.birt.runtime_3.7.2.v20120214-1408.jar. I also cannt exclude
> this. Do you have any idea regarding this??
>
> Thanks, Rohit
WebViewer on RAP [message #1084259 is a reply to message #875396] Sun, 11 August 2013 07:41 Go to previous message
David Lee is currently offline David Lee
Messages: 26
Registered: May 2013
Junior Member
Hi, Jason,

In order to make the content of report 100% as same as the SQL records shown on the TableViewer, I prefer transmitting the resultset(a data model ArrayList) directly into the Birt report, I'd like to use WebViewer to achieve that!

steps that I followed:
1.to install Elipse Kepler "Eclipse IDE for Java and Report Developers" as well as RAP2.1, and be sure the RAP app works.
2.to add all plugins in $P{eclipse_home} into the target above.
3.to add a working report and corresponding code into the RAP app, on "Run Configurartions", click "Add Required Bubdle" as well as "Validate" to make sure no
error message!
4.to start the RAP app.

from console, I saw the RAP app launched, but it just halted on body.html still, neither further screen nor error message, but it's good before adding WebViewer's required bubdles!

My goal is to normally show charts and SQL data on RAP apps, based on Eclipse Kepler and RAP2.1/BIRT4.3.0, can someone kindly let me know:
1.a clear list of what pugins and versions are needed.
2.any needed procedures or points should be followed.

My dependencies on MANIFEST.MF are :
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.rap.ui;bundle-version="2.1.0",
org.eclipse.rap.ui.forms;bundle-version="2.1.0",
org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer,
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.html,
org.eclipse.birt,
org.eclipse.birt.chart.ui,
org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.extension,
org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.pdf,
org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.svg,
org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.swt,
org.eclipse.birt.chart.engine.extension,
org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem,
org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ui,
org.eclipse.birt.chart.ui.extension,
org.eclipse.birt.core.script.function,
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.javascript


Thanks and regards,

David

[Updated on: Sun, 11 August 2013 07:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Interactive time charts in eclipse RAP
Next Topic:Newspaper/Multi Column layout in BIRT
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 23 08:20:34 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.05135 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software