Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » How do i get AGR to record on the workbench I want.
How do i get AGR to record on the workbench I want. [message #64480] Wed, 05 April 2006 17:50 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: louis.maccubbin.graniteedge.net

Hello,
I'm new to Eclipse and TPTP, so my terminology may not be correct.

I'm can't seem to get the "AGR" to record on my application (workbench).
I'm using TPTP 4.1.0.1. I've followed the TPTP user guide and I'm
able to record and play back actions as described in the User guide.
But now I want to record and play back actions in my own app.

I've unchecked the "Use current workbench as context" and that doesn't work.

I've also tried defining the context as described in section 2.2.1 of
the uses guide. this causes java error: "Ordinal Not Found. the ordinal
43 could not be located in the dynamic link library hcdco.dll."

Has anyone else experienced these same difficulties, how did you make
it work?

Thanks
Louis
Re: How do i get AGR to record on the workbench I want. [message #64527 is a reply to message #64480] Thu, 06 April 2006 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simoom chen is currently offline simoom chen
Messages: 14
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Have u install AGR?

Automated GUI Recording
TPTP's Automated GUI Recorder allows users to record and playback user
interactions under the Eclipse platform. The purpose of the feature is to
allow users to automate functional test cases for applications developed
under the Eclipse environment. Please refer to the user guide for more
details. This item is not required as part of TPTP's platform.
Download the feature here.

And maybe u should use eclipse -clean to start eclipse after u install
all required plug-ins

"Louis MacCubbin" <louis.maccubbin@graniteedge.net>
??????:e11052$vn1$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> Hello,
> I'm new to Eclipse and TPTP, so my terminology may not be correct.
>
> I'm can't seem to get the "AGR" to record on my application (workbench).
> I'm using TPTP 4.1.0.1. I've followed the TPTP user guide and I'm able to
> record and play back actions as described in the User guide. But now I
> want to record and play back actions in my own app.
>
> I've unchecked the "Use current workbench as context" and that doesn't
> work.
>
> I've also tried defining the context as described in section 2.2.1 of the
> uses guide. this causes java error: "Ordinal Not Found. the ordinal 43
> could not be located in the dynamic link library hcdco.dll."
>
> Has anyone else experienced these same difficulties, how did you make it
> work?
>
> Thanks
> Louis
Re: How do i get AGR to record on the workbench I want. [message #64833 is a reply to message #64527] Thu, 06 April 2006 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: louis.maccubbin.graniteedge.net

Hi Simoom,

Yes i've installed AGR. My problem here is that I can't get AGR to
record on my application. When I follow the example given in the user
guide I can record and playback fine, but this is just for an empty
workspace, not my app.

How do i get the perspective to focus on my application?

Thanks
Louis



simoom wrote:
> Have u install AGR?
>
> Automated GUI Recording
> TPTP's Automated GUI Recorder allows users to record and playback user
> interactions under the Eclipse platform. The purpose of the feature is to
> allow users to automate functional test cases for applications developed
> under the Eclipse environment. Please refer to the user guide for more
> details. This item is not required as part of TPTP's platform.
> Download the feature here.
>
> And maybe u should use eclipse -clean to start eclipse after u install
> all required plug-ins
>
> "Louis MacCubbin" <louis.maccubbin@graniteedge.net>
> ??????:e11052$vn1$1@utils.eclipse.org...
>> Hello,
>> I'm new to Eclipse and TPTP, so my terminology may not be correct.
>>
>> I'm can't seem to get the "AGR" to record on my application (workbench).
>> I'm using TPTP 4.1.0.1. I've followed the TPTP user guide and I'm able to


>> record and play back actions as described in the User guide. But now I
>> want to record and play back actions in my own app.
>>
>> I've unchecked the "Use current workbench as context" and that doesn't
>> work.
>>
>> I've also tried defining the context as described in section 2.2.1 of the
>> uses guide. this causes java error: "Ordinal Not Found. the ordinal 43
>> could not be located in the dynamic link library hcdco.dll."
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced these same difficulties, how did you make it
>> work?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Louis
>
>
Re: How do i get AGR to record on the workbench I want. [message #65882 is a reply to message #64833] Tue, 11 April 2006 20:12 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real name
Messages: 404
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
You have to have AGR installed in the workbench that you expect to use as
your context. You can't have workbench A using AGR to tell it to record a
test case in workbench B. You can only playback the test suite in A using
B.


"Louis MacCubbin" <louis.maccubbin@graniteedge.net> wrote in message
news:44353D5D.2010709@graniteedge.net...
> Hi Simoom,
>
> Yes i've installed AGR. My problem here is that I can't get AGR to
> record on my application. When I follow the example given in the user
> guide I can record and playback fine, but this is just for an empty
> workspace, not my app.
>
> How do i get the perspective to focus on my application?
>
> Thanks
> Louis
>
>
>
> simoom wrote:
> > Have u install AGR?
> >
> > Automated GUI Recording
> > TPTP's Automated GUI Recorder allows users to record and playback
user
> > interactions under the Eclipse platform. The purpose of the feature is
to
> > allow users to automate functional test cases for applications developed
> > under the Eclipse environment. Please refer to the user guide for more
> > details. This item is not required as part of TPTP's platform.
> > Download the feature here.
> >
> > And maybe u should use eclipse -clean to start eclipse after u
install
> > all required plug-ins
> >
> > "Louis MacCubbin" <louis.maccubbin@graniteedge.net>
> > ??????:e11052$vn1$1@utils.eclipse.org...
> >> Hello,
> >> I'm new to Eclipse and TPTP, so my terminology may not be correct.
> >>
> >> I'm can't seem to get the "AGR" to record on my application
(workbench).
> >> I'm using TPTP 4.1.0.1. I've followed the TPTP user guide and I'm able
to
>
>
> >> record and play back actions as described in the User guide. But now I
> >> want to record and play back actions in my own app.
> >>
> >> I've unchecked the "Use current workbench as context" and that doesn't
> >> work.
> >>
> >> I've also tried defining the context as described in section 2.2.1 of
the
> >> uses guide. this causes java error: "Ordinal Not Found. the ordinal 43
> >> could not be located in the dynamic link library hcdco.dll."
> >>
> >> Has anyone else experienced these same difficulties, how did you make
it
> >> work?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Louis
> >
> >
Previous Topic:RAC vs IAC
Next Topic:AGR: Minimal feature set?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 23 22:37:11 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.15174 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software